PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate

Pages : 1 [2]

rlmccarty2000
06-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Souveran for your darker car. Everyone needs to own this one.

jeepngli
06-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Geez, you guys are making this tough. Mark, I was telling my wife I couldn't decide and she said "you're gunna end up buying both aren't you?"

I totally agree with Collinite being a great, durable wax for the money. I've used used the 475 on my other dailys and I will probably use it on my current one this winter. On the stang, I just like to treat myself and get something a little more boutique. That being said, I'm not going to spend $700 on wax either.

Either way, looks like I'll be getting a sample of SSII as well to try. Anyone know when the sale ends? It doesn't seem that ticker is always right.

jeepngli
06-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Related question since you try a lot of products: I love Crystal Mist. I switched from other brands after trying it. Its amazing on my paint. After a wash, I dry the car carefully and then give a nice light rub down with a soft mf towel and Crystal Mist. Is the Wolfgang equivalent a step up or the same?

donbeezy
06-28-2016, 09:00 PM
I love blackfire wet diamond sealant on blue. gives the blue a sharp crisp look. very different from any wax I've used.

e-zyme gives the paint a nice deep glow but only lasted a month or so

Souveran would be a good choice for the wet look and it is very easy on and off wax. I just got a jar of fuzion and haven't used it on anything yet

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160629/126807ecdd8bbf73c2c0de3d8bb2b85e.jpg

Zubair
06-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Here are the photos to show the color. Would still call it light? I think what I'm looking for is a more wet look. After doing a little more research, Souveran is probably worth a shot since durability is not my concern for this next wax. One person recommended Pinnacle Signature Series II over Souveran. I also saw some posts about the following waxes that might be worth considering: Cloud 9, AF Illusion, and Angel Wax.

I've had AF Illusion, still have Angelwax Original Formulation and Desirable, very classy, premium waxes from scent,texture,application and shine. I haven't used Fuzion or Souveran but hope to.

wing commander
06-28-2016, 11:22 PM
I would like to see his car after some Pinnacle Paint Work Cleansing Lotion then adding the Fuzion.

jeepngli
06-29-2016, 07:52 PM
I've been told before to be careful with the vinyl that is on my car so when I clay, I tape off all the vinyl so it does not get clay lube on it. Same would go for a Cleansing lotion I assume. Being so OCD, this adds more time to something that probably would take you guys a fraction of the time. Anyway, I have yet to try a cleansing lotion. Do you substitute that for clay?

As if it wasn't bad enough, today Wolfgang is on sale. I've talked to a few of you guys and its almost 50/50 Souveran vs Fusion. I may try Souveran first just since I've been eying it for awhile. Overall, both seem to have a great reputation.

jeepngli
06-29-2016, 08:07 PM
I was just reading the description of the Cleansing Lotion. Its sort of like Blacklight(or any glaze) but with no abrasives?

Blacklight + Lava did look stunning on my car in the past. It just didn't last long.

custmsprty
06-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Fuzion is on sale w/ the refill get it while you can!

dmayer
06-29-2016, 11:23 PM
+1 on the Crystal Mist Detail Spray. Never streaks and leaves a BEAUTIFUL shine! My favorite!! I have an additional 64 oz bottle I have to open soon.

Also, I haven't used Souveran, but I've used Pinnacle Series II and Fuzion, and while Series II leaves an excellent shine, on my black Monte Carlo Fuzion is the first wax I've had that actually makes it look wet (and the paint is in real nice shape - garage queen. I've used a few of the Dodo Juice waxes (Purple Haze, Blue Velvet, Hard Candy) but not Supernatural, but they didn't make the car look wet like the Fuzion did. I think the shine of the Series II looked better than the Dodo Juices I have, but I really need to give them another try. I got them right before the Series II and when it looked like the shine was better from the Series II, I stopped using the Dodo Juices.

I'd like to try some Souveran, but my wife has put me on notice as far as buying any more expensive waxes since I have so many now. I'll have to wait a while.

How does the liquid Souveran compare to the paste? Can anyone shed some light? If they have similar shine, I think I would go with the liquid as it's easier to use a DA.

lj993
06-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Brian at auto geek had some jars of the fuzion for $50. Hit him up. It is marvelous. I use it on my black porsche 993. It looks incredible. Good luck. Phil

jeepngli
06-30-2016, 09:38 AM
I'd like to try some Souveran, but my wife has put me on notice as far as buying any more expensive waxes since I have so many now. I'll have to wait a while.

This. I hear ya man.

I ended up getting Souveran paste and ordered enough to get the SSIl . I heard from a few that ssII is very underrated so I was curious. I'll see how they do and compare to fusion next time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

brettS4
06-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Wow, that's a gorgeous Stang (and I'm not easily impressed by those). With that shade of blue you would get awesome results either way (Fuzion or Souveran). You'll be very happy with the Souveran. And let us know how Souveran and SSII compares... with photos of each! It's an argument we never seem to settle.

Largebore
07-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Probably an old question but i have not been on the forum for awhile. Best choice for dark grey with hit of flake would be Fusion ?