PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Rinseless as Drying Aid/Quick Detailer,

aliitp
06-26-2016, 02:56 AM
I bought this product to try it out since I read many uses and different dilution ratios can be made for different applications; I have my car coated with ceramic paint protection (similar to CQuartz) + Applied on top paint sealant (Car Pro Reload), and the cleaning procedure is simpler IMO, as I wash with water pressure (A Lot) only for the paint work, no serious contamination on the paint, as the car gets dust or possibly sandy over here in this region, so simple water pressure or even air blowing gets most of the dust and sand off, after am fairly confident most of the dust is off, i use plush microfibers, soak them in water, squeeze then dry the car to minimize friction and possibly scratches/swirls on the ceramic paint protection layer, but id really like to spray some sort of quick detailer / drying aid BEFORE going through the drying process to lubricate the surface even further, prevent water spots, and thus maintaining the ceramic coating even longer...

Not sure of the exact terminology used here whether it is a quick detailer I need, drying, waterless etc... But I hope you got the picture ??...

Any advice of the correct dilution ratio is appreciated as I don't want to miss things on my First try doing this...

cleanmycorolla
06-26-2016, 03:06 AM
3oz to a gallon for QD/Waterless wash or around a 44:1 ratio give or take

aliitp
06-26-2016, 04:40 AM
3oz to a gallon for QD/Waterless wash or around a 44:1 ratio give or take

is it safe on ceramic coating and on top sealant as well as is it pH Balanced, i had had few bad experiences in the past with few products so i don't want to get into something am not sure about and latter on regret it !...

emmjay
06-26-2016, 08:28 AM
after am fairly confident most of the dust is off, i use plush microfibers, soak them in water, squeeze then dry the car to minimize friction and possibly scratches/swirls on the ceramic paint protection layer.

Let me get this right - At the moment you run a wet towel with no lubrication whatsoever on your paint after merely blowing dust off / pressure washing the dust? Thats a recipe for disaster :)

You will be surprised how much is still left on the paint after the blowing/pressure wash lol. From what you described, its quite like minor wet sanding if thats all you do (wipe with wet towel).

A wet towel wont "minimize friction" as you have said. Water is not a lubricant.

This will help you minimize the scratches even further. Lubrication between your towel and paint is key and I'm sure everyone on here will agree to that.

I suggest something to try - Take a white plush towel. Follow your method of wet towel after blowing dust/pressure washing and do a quick Swipe with the wet towel and look at your towel...If it looks clean I will apologize for my above advice. However, if its dirty at all - please use something to lube and save the paint :P

You have spent a good amount on applying the protection(coating) - its important that you follow good technique to minimize any harmful effects. Most swirls and scratches are inflicted through improper washing techniques....

P.S. Do not take this in a wrong way. Its just good advice - and as Mike says it is "best practice".

As we live in the same region....see below.

49698 This is the amount of dirt on my car after 3 days of not washing...just 3 days...

49697 Rinseless in progress - showing how much dirt is actually on the paint...

49699 This is after one light pass - Notices the thick brown line in the center....thats how much dirt is picked up.

BUT....You seem to have already realised that and that is good haha :P Wolfgang is reallly good from what I have read, but it does leave some protection behind. It will not harm your coating or sealant but you will notice characteristics of the Uber protection till it wears off. This is your sacrificial layer. Your next sacrificial layer is the Reload. So either way your coating is protected.

Give it a shot and let us know how you get by! :D

boomdone
06-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Definitely wouldn't go straight for a wet towel to dry. Just use uber in WW concentration and do a regular waterless wash after your rinse down. There will be plenty of dirt on your towels.

emmjay
06-26-2016, 08:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3NoxH1_ro

Watch this video - take it with a grain of salt though.

Ofcourse our cars are not this dirty. But it gives us an idea of why soap,WW,Rinsless, AND some minor agitation is so important when cleaning the car.

AZpolisher15
06-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Uber Rinseless is an awesome drying aid. Really amps up the gloss, and in my experience it enhances beading. I mix it at 1/3 ounce to 16oz water. Just move around the vehicle and randomly spray a couple shots per panel. It gets into the drying towel and really helps with drying. Zero streaking. It's great.

Scoobertin
06-26-2016, 09:47 PM
I would recommend using the waterless ratio as mentioned above by Harpolith. That way after you go through your water pressure/air blowing method wash. The waterless solution will pick up any dirt left behind. A lot better than just using a mf towel soaked in water. Uber was created for this and other purposes. You can also use the 3 oz to a gallon ratio which is the quick detail ratio as mentioned earlier. It is a bit more concentrated than the waterless solution but don't see why it wouldn't accomplish the same.
I used the waterless ratio as a drying aid as recommended to me and it worked great.

aliitp
06-29-2016, 05:03 PM
Let me get this right - At the moment you run a wet towel with no lubrication whatsoever on your paint after merely blowing dust off / pressure washing the dust? Thats a recipe for disaster :)

You will be surprised how much is still left on the paint after the blowing/pressure wash lol. From what you described, its quite like minor wet sanding if thats all you do (wipe with wet towel).

A wet towel wont "minimize friction" as you have said. Water is not a lubricant.

This will help you minimize the scratches even further. Lubrication between your towel and paint is key and I'm sure everyone on here will agree to that.

I suggest something to try - Take a white plush towel. Follow your method of wet towel after blowing dust/pressure washing and do a quick Swipe with the wet towel and look at your towel...If it looks clean I will apologize for my above advice. However, if its dirty at all - please use something to lube and save the paint :P

You have spent a good amount on applying the protection(coating) - its important that you follow good technique to minimize any harmful effects. Most swirls and scratches are inflicted through improper washing techniques....

P.S. Do not take this in a wrong way. Its just good advice - and as Mike says it is "best practice".

As we live in the same region....see below.

49698 This is the amount of dirt on my car after 3 days of not washing...just 3 days...

49697 Rinseless in progress - showing how much dirt is actually on the paint...

49699 This is after one light pass - Notices the thick brown line in the center....thats how much dirt is picked up.

BUT....You seem to have already realised that and that is good haha :P Wolfgang is reallly good from what I have read, but it does leave some protection behind. It will not harm your coating or sealant but you will notice characteristics of the Uber protection till it wears off. This is your sacrificial layer. Your next sacrificial layer is the Reload. So either way your coating is protected.

Give it a shot and let us know how you get by! :D

Hey man,

thanks a lot for passing by :)

I only did water pressure wash and avoided any sort of snow foam/agitating the paint/protection with a damn sponge or wash mitt as recommended by the detailer shop to avoid unnecessary swirls/damage to the coating during the WASH process...

Also as you might know the characteristics of water sheeting are remarkable so I was told spraying the car with only water pressure gets most of the dust off, and I partially submit to those claims as when i simply BLOW over the dust accumulating over the paint it does indeed fly away ! not mentioning the very smooth finish on the paint due to the sealant on top, guess those claims are partially true, from what I noticed the remaining of STUCK dust/other contaminants (like in the youtube vide below) over the paint MIGHT be a problem, so if you remember a while back I was trying to get a hand on the ONR product from Dubai, well that didn't happen, so I ended ordering the wolfgang rinseless on Amazon and am truly glad i did, so far car been washed only twice under my supervision and sometimes help, and I think no scratches or swirls induced so far, but I was using wet towels to take off those left overs off the paint, weird I always thought of water as a good natural lubricant !!..

So now am really confused what to do coz obviously I want to preserve the coating for years, but i can only wash in the petrol stations over here, can you see my Dilemma ??!

I think I will listen to your advise guys by water pressure the paint only, enjoy the sight of water beeding, then moving to the drying stage will ALL OVER the paint with Uber rinseless product @ waterless (hate to say that word) dilution ratio and proceed wiping off one panel at a time with WET microfibers,,,

Unless someone suggests something else am all ears coz am gonna wash the car probably today :D...

BMW435
06-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Uber Rinseless is an awesome drying aid. Really amps up the gloss, and in my experience it enhances beading. I mix it at 1/3 ounce to 16oz water. Just move around the vehicle and randomly spray a couple shots per panel. It gets into the drying towel and really helps with drying. Zero streaking. It's great.

Agree with this. Also makes the paint very slick. Use to use ONR as a drying aid. Now I only use Uber. Stuff is great.

glfnaz
06-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Uber is great as WW, RW, or drying aid. Great.

emmjay
06-30-2016, 03:59 AM
I completely understand your dilemma. I guess you need to do the best you can if gas station is your only option. Let them pressure wash, foam, pressure wash. Tell them not to actually agitate the paint - u get me? So no touching involved at all. Their foam is just basic soap so it won't harm the coating.

If possible - maybe invest in and take your own towels and Uber with you and make them use that when drying. I've seen a few people at my neighbourhood gas station who get their own towels - which is quite a good option really.

I think this is the best you can do at this stage, unless you can get into rinseless sometime down the line - but if I remember correctly you park streetside?

Good luck man, I can feel the frustration!

BudgetPlan1
06-30-2016, 04:07 AM
Uber is great as WW, RW, or drying aid. Great.

Love this stuff...use it in all its different dilutions...

aliitp
07-03-2016, 04:19 AM
If possible - maybe invest in and take your own towels and Uber with you and make them use that when drying. I've seen a few people at my neighbourhood gas station who get their own towels - which is quite a good option really.

I think this is the best you can do at this stage, unless you can get into rinseless sometime down the line - but if I remember correctly you park streetside?

Good luck man, I can feel the frustration!

Yup, been doing that since as long as I remember :xyxthumbs:

yes am parking in regular parking under my apartment,

what's really frustrating more than car maintenance is car detailing and taking car of it's beauty, now that's really a pain, but usually yields pleasant results... if done right :D

thanks,