PDA

View Full Version : Case IH 275 Row Crop Tractor ( first attempt with wet sanding and polishing )

KSFarmer
06-24-2016, 03:04 PM
I've been wanting to learn how to wet sand once I started getting more knowledge on how people get some of these cars to shine. So after researching I thought I would try on a single stage paint. This tractor is 8 years old and always noticed the orange peel was more raised then on my clear coat pickup of the same year. I first used 1500 3M then followed up with using 2000 grit 3M. For polishing, I used 3M's stage 1 compound and bought a DeWalt rotary polisher. I also tried their step 2 and 3 but really didn't seem to see any additional results so for the most part, it was compound then used Zymol's Rouge Wax that is meant for fire trucks or single stage red. Its not exactly perfect but I csn always work on it some more once the temperature cools down.

KSFarmer
06-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Would anyone recommend using 3000 and or 5000 in addition to what I have previously done? I will try and post the pic showing all of the tractor. What gets me and others who use equipment like this is that they cost in excess of 6 figures, so few produced compared to automotive yet don't go extra steps like GM would on a new Corvette or something related to its finish. Unlike CAT or earth moving implements, the are not always out in the dirt every day of the year.