PDA

View Full Version : Advice on which products to use

Sav
06-23-2016, 10:15 PM
Hi my name is Sav,
This will be my first time detailing a car, I just wanted some advice on which products to use, I will be working by hand so ease of use is a massive plus, I have some scuffs and scratches from a couple of years ago that I have been avoiding, there is no rust present and they looked alot worse when first done but have improved overtime with regular washing. I have a black 2009 Toyota Rav4 sx6

I was thinking of

1. Washing - Meguiars GC or NXT 2.0

2. Claying - Mothers clay bar system

4. Either Scratch x 2.0 or Ultimate compound for the scrapes (are these both suitable to be used on the whole car or just spot correction? Are they ok on plastic bumper and arches? Paint is in good condition otherwise with just minor swirl marks and blemishes) with white or orange ccs foam pad

5. Polish - m205 with white ccs foam pad

6. Wax - Collinite 845 with gold or red ccs foam pad

I'm not expecting the scrapes to disappear but hoping I can make them less noticeable, I want to try scratch x but I'm pretty sure it's not going to work and don't want to waste the money if it's not suitable and need something stronger but also want to be as gentle as possible on the paint.

Also I was originally going to buy Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion to prep for wax but not sure if I need it now if I end up using m205?

Thank you! :)

The Guz
06-23-2016, 11:40 PM
Stick with ultimate compound over scratchx. Other than that you are good to go.

No need to use pinnacle cleansing lotion if you are using M205.

Sav
06-24-2016, 01:42 AM
Cool thank you