PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang products on new car?

Alay
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi Mike,

I am picking up a new 2016 Civic (Aegean Blue) and are used to detailing my vehicles with the Flex 3401 and Wolfgang products (Swirl remover, Sealing glaze and the sealant) along with LC pads (Orange, Blue and White).

The question I would like to ask is, being a new car, should I still do the swirl remover, sealing glaze and sealant or should I just stick to the sealant and do the full treatment after a couple of months?

Even though it is a brand new car, these are generally parked in a lot somewhere outdoors and get covered in dust. This is my concern.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Kind regards

Alay.

custmsprty
06-23-2016, 02:15 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html

AuroraDetailing
06-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Swirl removing is done as necessary. So just check out the condition of the paint. Most likely it'll have some form of swirls or wash scratches. It sounds like you might be doing "swirl removal" as a step, as opposed to specifically removing what you actually see in the paint. It's definitely up to you on how perfect you want the paint to be. But if you can get it perfect the first time and maintain a sealant after that, you could theoretically never get swirl marks on the actual paint again.

Alay
06-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Thank you for both your comments. It is appreciated. Will check the condition of the paint and follow the steps.

Bobby B.
06-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I always recommend washing, claying, polishing and sealing a brand new vehicle. Wolfgang Concours Series Car Care, paint sealant, german car care products, wolfgang paint sealant, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html)

Wolfgang Auto Bathe
Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar - Fine
Wolfgang Clay Lubricant
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Alay
06-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks Bobby!

rookiez
06-23-2016, 07:30 PM
I'd go with HD Speed and HD Poxy for best bang for the buck in this case :) It's a new car, should be light swirls and not deep scratches.

Alay
06-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Would any of you know whether the Wolfgang Sealing Glaze is a "Light" polish depending on what type of pad is used (say LC Orange) or is it similar to the Sealant? Just wondering if there are not too many imperfections in the new car, whether I can use the Glaze and top it up with the sealant.

Thanks in advance.

AuroraDetailing
06-23-2016, 11:20 PM
The glaze is a final polish, and not that abrasive. I haven't had much luck with any final polishes completely removing swirl marks. They are normally used for getting the final shine after using a heavier polish. I always use a white pad with my final polishes, and wouldn't recommend an orange pad for your final polish stage.

Alay
06-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Thank you!

Alay
08-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks all for the responses. I followed the standard procedure (since the dealer had used some sort of liquid wax and overdone it so much that I could see the drip marks!!) of swirl remover, glaze and sealant. After the final buff, the paint looks brilliant!! Love the depth of the Blue paint (much more than the standard dark grey color). Will do one more sealant coat around October in preparation for Winter.

Also did the glasses with Aquapel - works great.

Kind regards

Alay.