PDA

View Full Version : Riccardo yellow clay vs. Pinnacle UltraPoly ??

Zune
06-23-2016, 12:19 PM
I've used Pinnacle UltraPoly clay almost exclusively the past few years & now needed to buy a new batch. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere here in Canada & would prefer avoiding ordering from the U.S. if at all possible due to our (very) low Canadian dollar currently. Riccardo (yellow & blue) are readily available from eShine here in Canada, & the reviews I've read seem very favourable. Anyone compare Riccardo vs. Pinnacle UltraPoly that can give me an approximate comparison? Thanks.

Cheers,

Al

Setec Astronomy
06-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Well, Riccardo isn't available here at AG anymore, so we're even I guess.

Zune
06-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Oops..I hadn't even noticed? I though Riccardo used to be available at AG. My bad!

Al

Bobby B.
06-23-2016, 12:53 PM
We do have several authorized resellers located in Canada. eShine will have the Pinnacle Ultra Poly-Clay back in stock by the end of next week.

eShine
AutoObsessed
Olde Town Auto Spa
Carzilla Calgary

expdetailing
06-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Pinnacle Ultra is too ultra is you ask me. I couldn't smooth out my paint with it no matter how much elbow grease. Went back to the Autoscrub on my DA and all was well.

Zune
06-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the update Bobby B. From what I can tell (on their websites anyway), none of those companies you listed have the clay in stock. I've literally scoured the internet looking for my beloved UltraPoly, which is why I was thinking of switching to the Riccardo. I'll keep checking with eShine (P.S. -- they've been out for months)...thanks.

Cheers,

Al

Setec Astronomy
06-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Riccardo always got good reviews, I don't think you can go wrong with that.

richy
06-24-2016, 06:25 AM
Riccardo is amazing clay. Microwave it for 30 seconds before you use it and it'll become very pliable and won't lose any of its effectiveness.

Bobby B.
06-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the update Bobby B. From what I can tell (on their websites anyway), none of those companies you listed have the clay in stock. I've literally scoured the internet looking for my beloved UltraPoly, which is why I was thinking of switching to the Riccardo. I'll keep checking with eShine (P.S. -- they've been out for months)...thanks.

Cheers,

Al

No problem! eShine has a huge order of Pinnacle, Wolfgang and Blackfire products shipping out on Monday. They should be receiving this order by the end of next week.

mwoolfso
06-25-2016, 06:25 AM
Riccardo is the best of the litter. No need to move beyond that. And when you compare with Pinnacle products the differences are so minute that you get diminishing returns the more you spend cycles considering which one to get. :-)