PDA

View Full Version : M205 vs Hd Polish +

04accord
06-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,

so I recently got some hd polish and have been playing around with it. Seems like a fine product, but the one thing I noticed in comparison was that m205 wipes off extremely easy while HD polish takes more effort. Its not that HD polish has been especially tough to remove, just more than m205. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe a different technique I should be using with HD polish vs m205?

Thanks

rwright
06-23-2016, 11:57 AM
How long are you working HD Polish? It is non diminishing and doesn't have to be cycled any longer than M205. Also, make sure that you are using 3-4 pea size drops only, clean the pad often, and work cool.

fly07sti
06-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Just to expand on rwright, no need to overly prime your pads with HD either (if that's what you're doing). M205 is still a very good product, but imo HD Polish+ is better and it can be worked in direct/warm sunlight for a decent amount of time.

custmsprty
06-23-2016, 02:16 PM
I'll take HD Polish over M205 any day of the week.

dcjredline
06-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Comes off fairly easy for me. Just used it on an 05 Corolla today. Don't remember specifically how easy 205 comes off but I dont think polish+ is tough

silverfox
06-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Something ain't right.

conman1395
06-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Can you provide details on the technique you were using? Machine used, speed used, how many passes, how did you prime the pad (did you), how much product did you use, what were the conditions you used it in?

I find M205 to be very easy to use, but it is very oily compared HD Polish which is equally as easy to remove. I like that HD Polish is less oily and because of that attribute, I use it as a final polish before coating most cards.

David Fermani
06-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Something ain't right.

Agreed!

Don't prime your pad! Apply 3-4 small drops to the outside edge of your pad. Do 2-3 back and forth & up and down slow passes and you're done. Should wipe with little to no effort and create little to no dust.

04accord
06-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone, Im not priming the pad here. 4-5 drops to start, 4 after that. Maybe Im working it too long. Rupes 15 MKI, speed 5. Buff n Shine pads.

Nix
06-24-2016, 10:00 AM
well i can tell you i had bad experience with honda paint i tried to correct..i have 2012 crv twilight blue..i only had minor swirls nothing major..I used VSS last year from chemical guys but didnt like the end result..so this year i decided to try Boss creams first since it got good reviews from members here..tried perfecting cream first..it was hard to remove but i was able to remove it using carpro eraser..still left some haze went over with P21s paint cleaner and it cleaned up all the haze..stopped after testing one spot on door..next i tried HD polish + this thing was worst..it stuck on paint and didnt even come out with eraser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmkFjkiZ18). skip it to 2.30..exactly what happened to me with HD Polish+ .again used paint cleaner to clean all the polish..by the way i was using finishing pad with slow speed 3 on griots garage 6 and did 3 passes...i had some sample of ultimate polish and compound from my last order..Ultimate polish was breeze to use no issue removing even on speed 4 and doing 3 passes with polishing pad..for me ultimate polished worked well but the HD polish+ and Boss creams didnt work at all..just my experience..

RaskyR1
06-24-2016, 10:28 AM
M205 wipes off noticeably easier then the NEW HD Polish+, but its not like it's that hard to wipe off. The original HD Polish definitely wiped off easier and I'd say it was on par with M205, if not a little easier, but many people had issues with dusting on the original stuff. The dusting issues appear to be gone with HD Polish+ so the wipe off effort is simply a trade off IMO, which is often the result when tweaking a formula. I think HD Polish+ more consistently finishes down perfectly than M205 and it doesn't require lots of pad or technique adjustments to get those results. Both are solid products and I still use both.

RaskyR1
06-24-2016, 10:30 AM
well i can tell you i had bad experience with honda paint i tried to correct..i have 2012 crv twilight blue..i only had minor swirls nothing major..I used VSS last year from chemical guys but didnt like the end result..so this year i decided to try Boss creams first since it got good reviews from members here..tried perfecting cream first..it was hard to remove but i was able to remove it using carpro eraser..still left some haze went over with P21s paint cleaner and it cleaned up all the haze..stopped after testing one spot on door..next i tried HD polish + this thing was worst..it stuck on paint and didnt even come out with eraser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmkFjkiZ18). skip it to 2.30..exactly what happened to me with HD Polish+ .again used paint cleaner to clean all the polish..by the way i was using finishing pad with slow speed 3 on griots garage 6 and did 3 passes...i had some sample of ultimate polish and compound from my last order..Ultimate polish was breeze to use no issue removing even on speed 4 and doing 3 passes with polishing pad..for me ultimate polished worked well but the HD polish+ and Boss creams didnt work at all..just my experience..

I've had some Honda paints act like that too. Give the BOSS Creams a try on some other, especially harder paints and I think you'll see how awesome they are. :)

TTQ B4U
06-24-2016, 12:59 PM
so I recently got some hd polish and have been playing around with it. Seems like a fine product, but the one thing I noticed in comparison was that m205 wipes off extremely easy while HD polish takes more effort. Its not that HD polish has been especially tough to remove, just more than m205. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe a different technique I should be using with HD polish vs m205?

IMO and based on experience with it, you're probably using too much product combined with perhaps working it too long. Try just 3 very small dime size drops on your pad and work it for 3-4 passes. Should be nearly clear/translucent when you're done.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

well i can tell you i had bad experience with honda paint i tried to correct..i have 2012 crv.....i tried HD polish + this thing was worst..it stuck on paint and didnt even come out with eraser (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmkFjkiZ18). skip it to 2.30..exactly what happened to me with HD Polish+ .again used paint cleaner to clean all the polish..by the way i was using finishing pad with slow speed 3 on griots garage 6 and did 3 passes...i had some sample of ultimate polish and compound from my last order..Ultimate polish was breeze to use no issue removing even on speed 4 and doing 3 passes with polishing pad..for me ultimate polished worked well but the HD polish+ and Boss creams didnt work at all..just my experience..

have had no issues with HD Products on Hondas. Different strokes I suppose. Can't say for sure on Subaru's why that guy had problems. but IMO I probably wouldn't use the Menzerna Line up on soft paint like that. Their line up was developed for harder clear coats on MBZ, BMW and Audi's. I'm sure it's fine on others and I have used it on others but nothing soft.

mwoywod
07-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks

I agree that it IS harder to wipe off than M205. I agree with the person who mentioned the formula change. It is just so oily now and I swear I could do an entire hood with three tiny drops. I would gladly take a small amount of dust if it meant wiping off as easy as m205 or hd speed. those two products i can wipe off easier than most carnuaba waxes