PDA

View Full Version : Need Bulb for Brinkmann Maxfire Dual Xenon

Dal0522
06-23-2016, 08:19 AM
I'm looking, with no luck, for a replacement xenon bulb for my Brinkmann Dual Xenon. Has anyone had any luck sourcing replacement bulbs?

Thanks!!

custmsprty
06-23-2016, 08:46 AM
I tossed mine for this very reason.

Setec Astronomy
06-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Is that the model from 10-12 years ago? Or is that the one with the twisty lenses? If it's the old one with the fixed lenses, I've never heard of a bulb going, usually the battery goes before that and it's not worth fixing.

Can I talk you into an LED flashlight? I got a really nice Rayovac somewhere for cheap, that's really bright, or there are several swirl-finder lights sold here, and there's always Harbor Freight.

Dal0522
06-23-2016, 09:08 AM
I think I bought it 6 or so years ago. It's the one with the he two-prong bulb (the rubber end pulls off the front of the light exposing the glass lens...the lens pulls off exposing the two xenon bulbs). I found a bulb that was close at Batteries+Bulbs yesterday, but the bulb was much smaller and the leads were about half the length of the 'stock' bulb. I've seen several threads regarding the battery, but not much regarding the bulbs.

I just keep thinking to myself....someone surely has to make/have these bulbs. Possibly not. :-(

When the light was working, it worked great (which is why I'm trying hard to save it).

Setec Astronomy
06-23-2016, 09:15 AM
I just keep thinking to myself....someone surely has to make/have these bulbs. Possibly not. :-(

That's what I thought about the battery...I did find something close, but it was like $20 shipped, which seemed kind of ridiculous. Plus the thing wasn't really meant to be taken apart to change the battery.