PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video: portable LED light for detailing !!

OrangeVee
06-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Hi guys!

I just reviewed the new Lume Cube LED portable light. It's super compact (1.5 inches) and packs a punch with a max output of 1500 lumens!! At 50% output, battery lasts up to 2 hours and the light can be submerged in water.

I typically use the lights for shooting videos, but I found that they can be super useful for detailing as well, as it's important to properly light up the panels you're working on (compound, polishing, etc) or even light up the cabin when detailing the interior...

I thought it'd be nice to share my find with you guys! ;)

https://youtu.be/LJJv7T5drSs

oneheadlite
06-22-2016, 01:48 PM
I've been curious about these. I've thought about mounting one on a pivoting magnetic base I have and using it as an underhood light for working on cars (I'm a tech). Care to do some pictures of one in action in an automotive setting?

evo77
06-22-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to find the specs of the LED chip model used because 1500 lumens sounds unrealistic in this small package. The heat alone of a chip of this brightness would produce TONS of heat. And assuming the cube is the heatsink and its made of aluminum, it would be way too small to draw away the massive heat radiated from a 1500 lumen chip.

OrangeVee
06-23-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to find the specs of the LED chip model used because 1500 lumens sounds unrealistic in this small package. The heat alone of a chip of this brightness would produce TONS of heat. And assuming the cube is the heatsink and its made of aluminum, it would be way too small to draw away the massive heat radiated from a 1500 lumen chip.

Yup I know, even I was skeptic. But after doing my research, I finally ordered as many Youtubers are using these for their portability and extreme light output (Lume Cube says 1500 lumens which is 150 LUX) and I don't doubt their claim. If you saw my video, you saw how one Lume Cube light up my pitch black room... I always like to test things myself so that's why I ordered them to review them.

Build quality is awesome, but I did notice that after extended use at max brightness (say 30 minutes) they do get VERY hot, like you can barely touch them. But that's way too much light for my use anyways. I never need to go past 50% brightness.

But yeah, for their size, I've never seen anything brighter... I like to see Kick Starter companies have success.

https://www.lumecube.com/shop/single-lume-cube?___SID=U

OrangeVee
06-23-2016, 03:12 AM
I've been curious about these. I've thought about mounting one on a pivoting magnetic base I have and using it as an underhood light for working on cars (I'm a tech). Care to do some pictures of one in action in an automotive setting?

Good idea! I'll try to make it happen for you. I'll take a nice shot of my wonderfull BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Performance edition engine for you with the Lume Cube shinning on it !! ;)