PDA

View Full Version : Will rinseless washing more than 1-2x a week cause too much damage?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

VP Mark
08-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Do you rotate out your wipe towels, or have you had fine luck just using a couple of the 1st pass towels and couple 2nd pass towels?

I usually use 2-4 towels per wash depending on size of vehicle.

Klasse Act
08-10-2016, 06:08 AM
THIS...IS...IT...

For a day or couple days worth of dust, a WW is fine and usually takes a couple towels, ALWAYS clean wash media. Even with light to average dust, soak each panel with solution, this way it's SAFE!

Driving in the rain for a day or for a couple days the 2BM method is best. Standing dirt and grit is on the paint, 1 bucket for cleaning solution and one for rinse. A great wash media like Aqua sponge or plush mf mitt is a must. Rinsing off the wash media in the rinse bucket keeps all the dirt there, NOT in the clean solution, it's called cleaning solution, not dirtying solution. A one bucket method is ok as long as you've got multiple mf towels to throw into the cleaning solution bucket and have made about 4 gallons of solution so you have extra cleaning solution to keep your pre-treatment bottle full.

THIS....IS....IT💡🙏👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

conman1395
08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Hehe haha (evil laugh ), I use the two bucket method for full and rinseless washes. I do use one rinseless mitt for the whole vehicle except for a salt covered winter car. I use two mitts. I think if the vehicle is dirty enough to warrant two mitts, I do a full wash when possible. I also wash the wheels with a different wash mitt. I watched GD videos last night for the first time. My method is mixed and probably not GD approved( not that I care) but to me works well. I watched several vids and read a lot of advice here and just went with it. I change my technique when I feel it doesn't seem right. One issue I have is I tend to do too many wipes, I am trying to break that habit like Mike Phillips suggest and do as few wipes as possible.
I never use just one mitt no matter what kind of wash I'm performing.