PDA

View Full Version : 2016 f150

chadcj7
06-21-2016, 07:43 AM
On father's day my request was to detail my truck! So that is exactly what i did. I did a 3 bucket wash method. ! bucket for tires/wheels and the other 2 for the truck. The paint was in really good shape as I have done this method since I purchased it a little over a month ago.

After washing and drying I clayed and then waxed. I used Mothers Clay and Meguiar's Ultimate paste wax. I will say I am not the biggest fan of the paste wax. Seemed messy to me.

I threw some 303 protectant on my bed cover and some Meguiar's trim protectant on the plastics and below you will see the results. I will eventually stop up to polishing but that will come at a later time. i have learned a lot on this site and it is already showing. Thanks

Also you will notice that i have a shot of the rain that we received last night. As much as I hated that it rained only 1 day after getting this finished. I love to see the beads of water on the hood

AZ Mike
06-21-2016, 07:53 AM
Nice looking truck and happy Father's Day. Beware, if you spend much time on this site you will have at least 4 different waxes on hand.

chadcj7
06-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Thanks

LOL.....actually before I joined this site I already had 3. I am a fan of Meguiar's products. I have their NXT 2.0, Ultimate Paste and Ultimate liquid. I think I am going to go back to the ultimate liquid as it is easier toward with

I also have some Iron X but just did not have enough time to get to it with the sun getting hot. Also that product makes me a little nervous.

Next will be a DA!!

01GreyStangGT
06-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Good looking truck!