PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green vs APC...differences?

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Per my other thread, I just finished cleaning somre really dirty carpet mats with a diluted 10:1 solution of Simple Green. It's what I had handy and the mats are so old that if it ruined them or didn't work, I wasn't too worried.

I was wondering what the differences between a cleaner like Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner and a degreaser like Simple Green or Super Degreaser is?

Is APC more like a detergent or liquid soap cleaner? I noticed that the Simple Green didn't foam up at all.

Is APC more appropiate for fibrous materials like carpet or upholstery?

ScottB
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Simple Green (it actually is offered in two different products) is a very concentrated APC, and one to be careful with around uncoated aluminum.

miked2
06-26-2006, 12:30 AM
I would assume that all degreaser-type products are somewhat similar, or at least more alike than different. That said, I would assume APC is OK around unfinished aluminum, which is a big no-no with Simple Green (unless you can rinse it off quickly). I really like Simple Green . . . I use it in the garage, in the kitchen, on the BBQ, etc., etc. A 1:10 dilution is pretty strong enough for most tasks, but for some things, like wheel wells, I use 1:1.