PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz on the go...

aliitp
06-19-2016, 01:48 PM
I know this might not sound like the best title and many of you will think it's a wrong thing to apply CQuartz without In-Depth cleaning, washing, Decontaminating etc..., but here is the thing...

I just had my rear bumper replaced due to a minor accident, the car been applied on it ceramic paint protection for quite some time and it looks perfect, but now since i got a new bumper I ordered a 30ml bottle of CQuartz, along with applicator, and decided to do it myself !... I also got:-
- TRIX Tar and Iron Remover 500 ml (ordered specifically for this jon)
- Car Pro Reload Spray (applied before and after ceramic job is done)

The bumper is literally brand new and the paint is still fresh, I haven't had the time and the weather wasn't right (no enough sun light) to get OC'd and check for swirl marks, I made sure to ask the workers at the workshop not to wash the car period coz they will induce more swirls, thanks but no thanks I prefer it dirty over swirly !..

I just washed the car today with water pressure only (no soap coz its not necessary nor do i trust the soap being used over here) used bunch of ultra plush micro fibers for drying the car (wet drying) and again sprayed Car Pro Reload Sealant on the paint to lubricate while drying...

So bottom line is this, I want to get the CQuartz installed ASAP on the rear bumper with minimum work coz I really don't have the ability nor the appropriate working area to do a full polish, I want it swirl free to the point it wont be noticed, but i wont get OC over it and be super picky to notice the tiniest swirls/mearing, so what are the steps to DO IT RIGHT for someone in my situation ??...

Please consider since the car has been sitting outside in the parking for the next 24-48 Hours after the first full wash, it will get some dirt and I will have initially to wipe off the dirt with no strong water pressure applicable right now...

I got some idea how to do this, but really need to hear from you guys as well...

thanks,

Rsurfer
06-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Wash it with Reflect and apply CQuartz. Let the new bumper outgas for a month before applying coating.

asalesagent912
06-19-2016, 04:53 PM
you need to wait at least a month. i would wait 2 months before i would apply anything to it.