PDA

View Full Version : LC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads

Pages : [1] 2 3

11B250
06-19-2016, 04:57 AM
Hey everyone,

Trying to decide what pads I want to get and right now for my next project ('11 CL550 with regular swirl marks). I'm looking at the 6.5 LC force hybrid grey cutting pads.

Unfortunately AG doesn't have the "force" version for some odd reason (we're waiting on an answer about that in another thread), but it's the one above the orange. They have it in their new thinpro series here.

Has anyone used either the force hybrid grey cutting pad, or the thinpro one?

Is it worth adding to the pad arsenal, and is it really a "cut" above the orange pads?

Thinking about ordering a set in case the orange doesn't cut my hard clearcoat on the CL550 enough to get it to a nice level. I really don't want to be caught with my pants down in case the orange doesn't cut enough to remove years of improper washing swirls.

Really wish I had a rupes mk 2, so I could try this UHS system, but I just can't dish out 500 bucks right now for it :(

plan on using mckee's fast compound followed by jeweling wax with a white hybrid pad (flex 3401)

Current condition (just for reference. I have posted this in few other threads)

Zubair
06-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Hybrid and Force are not one and the same. As per your title, there are no Grey Hybrid pads.

fly07sti
06-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I have not used the newest hybrid pad but for aggressive foam, I like CarPro's spider sandwich pad and there Flash pad. I ordered a half dozen of each from another site which has had them for a while now. Don't know why AG is sleeping on these.

11B250
06-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Hybrid and Force are not one and the same. As per your title, there are no Grey Hybrid pads.

They are of same foam structure. Only difference is the height between them. They were designed for forced rotation devices where you can put some pressure without the thing stop spinning.

Yeah, looks like I missed the word force on the title. Too late now.

Rsurfer
06-19-2016, 02:07 PM
They are of same foam structure. Only difference is the height between them. They were designed for forced rotation devices where you can put some pressure without the thing stop spinning. How many pounds of pressure do you need to stop the 3401 from spinning?

Yeah, looks like I missed the word force on the title. Too late now.
:props:

11B250
06-19-2016, 06:48 PM
:props:

LOL, I meant in comparison with a free rotating DA. you are going to really kill the pads if you do that with a free rotating DA like my PC. if I'm correct, the height of pads have something to do with the heat build up.

Rsurfer
06-19-2016, 07:01 PM
LOL, I meant in comparison with a free rotating DA. you are going to really kill the pads if you do that with a free rotating DA like my PC. if I'm correct, the height of pads have something to do with the heat build up.

IMO heat build up is not from how thick your pads are, but transfer of heat from the spindle to the backing plate. You can get any thickness pad, run it at 3000 rpm on a rotary and it will not destroy the pad.

11B250
06-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Well help me out and explain why the force pads were made for rotary and forced rotation polishers then lol.

Lake Country - Category Products (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/category-products.aspx?CategoryID=27)

as a matter of fact, I don't even see the hybrid line anymore on their website. Perhaps they are now last generation and replaced by these.

Rsurfer
06-19-2016, 11:00 PM
Well help me out and explain why the force pads were made for rotary and forced rotation polishers then lol.

Lake Country - Category Products (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/category-products.aspx?CategoryID=27)

as a matter of fact, I don't even see the hybrid line anymore on their website. Perhaps they are now last generation and replaced by these.

A dense or small cell pad will keep it from absorbing product which in turn will keep the pad cooler. Has nothing to do with the thickness of the pad.
Most of the pad and backing plate problems comes from heat from the machine.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-19-2016, 11:46 PM
The grey pad is the most firm
pad I've ever felt. Too firm, IMO.

11B250
06-19-2016, 11:46 PM
IMO heat build up is not from how thick your pads are, but transfer of heat from the spindle to the backing plate. You can get any thickness pad, run it at 3000 rpm on a rotary and it will not destroy the pad.

A dense or small cell pad will keep it from absorbing product which in turn will keep the pad cooler. Has nothing to do with the thickness of the pad.
Most of the pad and backing plate problems comes from heat from the machine.

That didn't really explain why the force hybrids are the successor to the hybrid line which might be discontinued now since it's not even on their webpage anymore.

11B250
06-19-2016, 11:47 PM
The grey pad is the most firm
pad I've ever felt. Too firm, IMO.

I ordered some orange and white. I couldn't really find anyone using these, so I'll skip on them for now... I'll call LC tomorrow and ask in person. I'm also going to stop at AG and I'll ask there as well.

Rsurfer
06-20-2016, 12:06 AM
That didn't really explain why the force hybrids are the successor to the hybrid line which might be discontinued now since it's not even on their webpage anymore.
I guess there is no reason to have two types of pads when the force hybrids will work on DA's, forced rotation, rotary and long throws.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-20-2016, 12:26 AM
The problem with the orange hybrid/force pads is they soften pretty quickly in higher temp environments and become more of a light cutting pad. This is why LC incorporated a heavy cutting pad(grey).

11B250
06-20-2016, 01:51 AM
The problem with the orange hybrid/force pads is they soften pretty quickly in higher temp environments and become more of a light cutting pad. This is why LC incorporated a heavy cutting pad(grey).

Interesting. I just wish there were some feedback on it, I guess it's just still too new, and AG hasn't started selling them yet to really review it. Perhaps I will buy 1 of them and test it out myself. It just sucks if you actually need to use the pad, because 1 paid ain't gonna do me any good LOL. I'll be able to test and say yay or nay.

I'm more curious if you can go from a grey pad with somethign like mckee's 37 fast compound to white pad with jeweling wax, or is the separation too much and will I need something in middle.