PDA

View Full Version : Removing minor spider webbing

brians98ss
06-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Asking for some recommendations since this will be my first time using a DA polisher.

So I just bought a Griots 6" and 3" DA polisher with Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. I have minor spider webbing in my car's paint. No major swirls. The paint is in very good shape. At first I was planning to use a CCS Orange Pad with swirl remover. Now I am a little concerned that this may be a little too aggressive for what I have. Would the finishing polish on a white CCS pad be a better choice to start with, or maybe the polish on the orange pad? Is the polish capable of removing minor imperfections?

Thanks for any suggestions.

WillSports3
06-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Try the swirl remover on the white CCS pad first to see if it does anything. If it dosn't, then move onto the Orange pad. A small test spot is the best way to go so you can see at the end what will work for you and your car. Then follow up with a black or blue finessing pad and the advanced finishing polish after. The little test spot will let you get a feel of the polisher but also what combination of pads and compounds will work for your spider webbing.

TTQ B4U
06-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Hve not used that product but white pad is likely all you'll need.

custmsprty
06-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Asking for some recommendations since this will be my first time using a DA polisher.

So I just bought a Griots 6" and 3" DA polisher with Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. I have minor spider webbing in my car's paint. No major swirls. The paint is in very good shape. At first I was planning to use a CCS Orange Pad with swirl remover. Now I am a little concerned that this may be a little too aggressive for what I have. Would the finishing polish on a white CCS pad be a better choice to start with, or maybe the polish on the orange pad? Is the polish capable of removing minor imperfections?

Thanks for any suggestions.

The best way to figure it out is to always do a test spot.

Rsurfer
06-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Test, test, test.

brians98ss
06-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys. I'll do a test spot using the white pad and swirl remover and go from there.