PDA

View Full Version : New Pads for Griots 6 " polisher ?

Avgguy
06-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Just bought this polisher for net $7 ! I already have 25-30 total LC flat and CG Hex logic pads. Will I see a significant "improvement" by purchasing Griot's own pads or the new LC thinpro pads, in your opinion ? I just stocked up on pads and would prefer to just use them but I know "thin is in" and I've also heard Griot's pads work very well. Just wanted some opinions. Detailing on-the-side for $, but always curious and "tinkering." Most of my work involves AIO's, with occasional full 3 step process. Thank you.

Craig

briarpatch
06-18-2016, 08:39 AM
I've hard very good things about the Griots' BOSS pads on the GG6....here's a link to a thread here on AGO....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/101497-review-griots-boss-finishing-sealant-all-one-one-step-polish.html

WRAPT C5Z06
06-18-2016, 10:55 AM
I've hard very good things about the Griots' BOSS pads on the GG6....here's a link to a thread here on AGO....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/101497-review-griots-boss-finishing-sealant-all-one-one-step-polish.html
I think the BOSS pads are better suited on the GG6 than the BOSS polishers. 😉 I like thicker foam on long throw polishers.

Zubair
06-18-2016, 11:14 AM
I think the Boss pads are suited to all 8,15 and 21mm throws. I use them on my Rupes as they passed the free air spin vibration test and work well on the paint.

Avgguy
06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks for responses so far. Read the write-ups on Griot's pads but still wondering if I will see a significant difference by ordering the Griot's or the LC thinpros. May not be a definitive yes or no, just curious.

Coopers ST
10-16-2016, 10:33 PM
I recently upgraded to 5.5" boss pads on my GG6 and love them. I think it is a great upgrade and really works well on my machine. I wish they were a few bucks cheaper though. I actually came to this thread to see if there was a comparable pad that was a bit cheaper being recommended.

dlc95
10-17-2016, 01:14 AM
Pretty sure the Buff and Shine made Hex Logic pads are the same foams as the Griots standard, non BOSS pads.