PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your wash mitt

poyo150
06-18-2016, 03:23 AM
How often do you wash guys wash your wash mitt and how? Every time I wash my car with the rinseless wash mitt I would wash my rinseless mitt in the laundry. Is this over kill or can I reuse it for a while. Can you do the same with the micro fiber mitts?

I've been a fan of rinseless wash but I also want to do the tradional wash.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Skoob
06-18-2016, 05:02 AM
I do rinseless also. I wash all my towels all the time after I clean the car. I do this to keep the scratches to a minimum.
Using a dirty wash mit or towel again sounds scary to me. I even replace my wash mitt yearly.

TTQ B4U
06-18-2016, 05:20 AM
Rinseless towels for me with a modified gary dean method. Washed every time. Mitts used if I bucket wash the van - rarity and washed after each use. I have several in case I get lazy.

Jeremy1976
06-18-2016, 06:49 AM
I have chenille mitts and wash them after about 5-10 uses. Really depends on how dirty of cars I am washing. I rinse them out really good after each use.

When I do wash them I throw them in the wash machine with a microfiber detergent. They can be dried on delicate or low heat setting or set them out somewhere clean and contaminant free to dry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Evan.J
06-18-2016, 07:14 AM
I was my mitts after every car.

Think about all the dirt that can get trapped within the fibers, then ask yourself if you had a new car would you want that mitt you used on another car that was dirty? More than likely due answer would be no.

I like to work less and not more.

With a dirty not you have the potential to induce fine swirls and scratch marks.

Jeremy1976
06-18-2016, 07:19 AM
I was my mitts after every car.

Think about all the dirt that can get trapped within the fibers, then ask yourself if you had a new car would you want that mitt you used on another car that was dirty? More than likely due answer would be no.

I like to work less and not more.

With a dirty not you have the potential to induce fine swirls and scratch marks.
I think it really depends on how dirty the car is. I pressure wash every car so there is minimal contaminants left on it when actually doing the 2 bucket wash. Plus agitating the mitt during a 2 bucket on the grit guards helps keep debris put of them. For me it's unrealistic to be washing the mitts after every car. Rinsing them out good and wringing them out after every car absolutely!

People have to do what they feel comfortable with. I have never received scratches or swirls in my personal cars by following this protocol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ViperGuy21
06-18-2016, 09:54 AM
I like to wash after each one, but sometimes in a pinch I may do a second car before I have the chance to wash my MFs. I do the same with my waffle drying towel. I really need to get another set....