PDA

View Full Version : You Can Lead a Horse to Water, But You Can't Make it Drink

AC in OC
06-17-2016, 07:29 PM
Just a little bit of a rant...

I have a friend who is a car nut. He's a single guy with 3 cars. He takes really good care of them. Spends a good amount of time and money on them. He's not afraid to spend money, or cheap out on inferior parts. He's also detail oriented and cleans his cars regularly, engine bay included.

But what really has me scratching my head is that he only uses NuFinish on the paint. No matter how much I try to educate and explain the basics, he'll only reach for that one product. To him it's all the same, basic chemicals and he can't justify spending money on anything else. He'll spend a day using that stuff on his car each month. I tried explaining the differences between cleaner waxes & finishing waxes, but my words fall on deaf ears.

Do you know anyone like that?

Mike lambert
06-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Yes, had a client we have since asked to find someone else, who had everything from a La Ferrari to an Alpha 8C, always wanted just wax , no polishing and would let all his buddies come wipe on his cars! Decided I couldn't have my name attached to that!

antti@561detailing
06-17-2016, 09:11 PM
isn't nu-finish wax with abrasives...I can't remember where Mike said that some of the good old waxes were met for single stage paint...and had abrasives in it...so if that's the case, he is polishing his cars, or scratching...

FUNX650
06-17-2016, 09:15 PM
I have a friend who is a car nut.

He takes really good care of them.
He's also detail oriented and cleans
his cars regularly, engine bay included.

But what really has me scratching my
head is that he only uses NuFinish on
the paint.

No matter how much I try to educate
and explain the basics, he'll only reach
for that one product.

In all honesty:
How does your friend's vehicles actually
look under the scrutiny of various paint
"inspection light sources"?

Bob