PDA

View Full Version : Dark color cars, Light color cars, IDK! I just want to Detail!

Jomak
06-17-2016, 07:10 PM
I have a Laguna Blue Fisker Karma...is not Dark and it isn't light so I have no idea what a wax for Dark cars or light cars mean when I have Blue! I am trying to figure out what products to use when I detail it. I can't even get 2 of the top companies to agree on how to Detail! They each give me different steps for when to use a "glaze."

As I understand it my process should be...correct me if I am wrong:

Wash
Clay Bar (if needed)
Glaze
Sealant
Wax
Detail Spray

Is that right?

Next here is what I have, Chemical Guys Purple Wash n Wax, Adam's H2O guard in Gloss, and a Clay magic bar. I want my car to look shiney, wet, and deep. I have spent hours on Amazon and the web trying to figure out what wax to get, sealant, glaze, detail spray I have no idea! Can you guys help me please?

I need a wax, I'm ok with topping. But Do I get a Red wax, blue wax, white wax, black wax and don't even get me going on brand! I'm at a loss, truly! Please help! My 4 quandries are:

What wax(es) brand? (under $75)
Glaze?
Sealant?
Detail Spray?

My car: 4937949380

ViperGuy21
06-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Well, the color of he wax in all reality doesn't make a difference. I've used yellow, blue, and red paste waxes and they all work on all colors. I'd recommend you start simple with a wash, clay, and wax just to start off as a stepping stone into more detailing in the future. This is my personal recommendation, I'm sure others would disagree, but I know that I wish I had started a little more simply at first. As for what wax to get, I highly recommend Poorboy's Natty's blue. It is cheap, but looks awesome and is super easy to use in shade or sun. With PB pastes, the darker the color the more swirl-hiding ability it has. If you do want to take it a step further try out Poorboy's black hole glaze before the wax to hide even more swirls. Don't overthink it is my main advice though! Remember to have fun!
Cool car BTW

The Guz
06-17-2016, 08:38 PM
Seeing as you already have Adams H20 how about sticking with their paint sealant and Americana. They go great together. I am breaking the rules by mentioning this.

If you are looking to jump ship I would consider Meguiar's, Optimum, Blackfire. These are great manufacturers.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Love those cars!

shagnat
07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Jomak....... I'm with ya'...... all this information is dizzying. I'd recommend getting Mike's book (printed or digital) and use that as your guide. It's more helpful than you can imagine.

As stated, keep it simple. No need in worrying about 4 polishes, 3 glazes, 4 sealants, 6 waxes, etc....... (all said tongue in cheek).

GET MIKE'S BOOK..... best single piece of advice I can give.

AZ Mike
07-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Jomak....... I'm with ya'...... all this information is dizzying. I'd recommend getting Mike's book (printed or digital) and use that as your guide. It's more helpful than you can imagine.

As stated, keep it simple. No need in worrying about 4 polishes, 3 glazes, 4 sealants, 6 waxes, etc....... (all said tongue in cheek).

GET MIKE'S BOOK..... best single piece of advice I can give.

:iagree:

Great idea. I have Mike Phillips The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine and it is full of great information.

You can also read his posts. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/23722-car-detailing-articles-mike-phillips.html