PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, where does it fit in my arsenal?

Pages : [1] 2

Scoobertin
06-16-2016, 11:13 PM
I have applied wg sealant 3.0. I use WG detail spritz between car washes for the gloss and slickness. Very good product to keep dust away and as minor maintenance product. About every two months then I apply wg deep gloss spritz sealant as a booster for continued top end protection until I decide to reseal before winter. So where does liquid seal fall in my line up if it does at all. The product seems awesome but not sure if I can use it in my regiment. What do you guys/gals think.

pheerix
06-16-2016, 11:58 PM
I use it as a drying aid and on wheels

Scoobertin
06-17-2016, 06:20 PM
What does it do as a drying aid?

01GreyStangGT
06-17-2016, 09:31 PM
I use it as a booster to Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

expdetailing
06-17-2016, 09:51 PM
It could fall anywhere in your routine since it from the same line.

AZpolisher15
06-17-2016, 11:02 PM
What does it do as a drying aid?

One thing that it does is add lubricity so you're less likely to add swirls to the paint. I recently tried Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid and was blown away. I couldn't believe how much easier the drying towel slid across the paint. And I think the added polymers must somehow push the water around. Or something. It was just so damn easy to get the vehicle dry.

Scoobertin
06-17-2016, 11:03 PM
I use it as a booster to Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Ok, I might try the liquid seal as a booster instead of the spritz sealant. It would be easier since the liquid seal does not require any buffing and 12 hour cure. It seems like it may give a better gloss than the spritz sealant as a booster. Will give it a try. Thanks.

Mike Honcho
06-18-2016, 07:36 AM
One thing that it does is add lubricity so you're less likely to add swirls to the paint. I recently tried Wolfgang Uber as a drying aid and was blown away. I couldn't believe how much easier the drying towel slid across the paint. And I think the added polymers must somehow push the water around. Or something. It was just so damn easy to get the vehicle dry.

What dilution ratio are you using Uber as a drying aid?

cleanmycorolla
06-18-2016, 08:03 AM
i use the waterless ratio myself

Mike Honcho
06-18-2016, 08:14 AM
i use the waterless ratio myself

Thanks!

Scoobertin
06-18-2016, 10:08 AM
I never thought of using a product as a drying aid it just did not make sense to me. Using a wet product to dry water lol but now it makes sense as a lube to prevent marring and help sheet water off. I think I will try Uber ww as a drying aid. The WG instant detail spritz that I have can be used for that too and it leaves protection behind with continued use since it uses the same polymers as the sealants. But I think I will use the uber waterless solution though since I am almost out of instant detail spritz. Thanks for the advice.

AZpolisher15
06-18-2016, 12:23 PM

I just use the Uber mixed at the waterless ratio for a drying aid simply because I don't want to mix up multiple bottles. So I use it for waterless and drying at the same ratio. For drying, no need to get all crazy and cover the entire vehicle. Just quickly shoot a few random sprays here and there. It spreads quickly with the towel and even gets into the towel and is very effective that way.

You'll also be impressed with the shine it leaves!

Scoobertin
06-18-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree with uber waterless leaving a very nice gloss. I mainly did rinsless because I was too scared to try waterless. About a month ago I did the waterless for the first time. Right when I finished, the wifey came out said WOW glossy. I noticed it as I was doing it, but for her to notice instantly was gratifying.

AZpolisher15
06-18-2016, 04:02 PM
I was doing waterless with the Uber, but really have no reason to. I can as easily do a Rinseless in my driveway and it just feels safer, even though I never had a problem with waterless. But options are nice.

pheerix
06-18-2016, 04:44 PM
I like doing waterless because I can do it in the garage any time of day any weather condition.
But back to Liquid Seal, it's really easy to use and actually a good glass cleaner. I also give my towel a few sprays before I dry the door jambs and wheels without worrying about residue because no buffing is needed. I do think it does attract dust though and Spritz Sealant looks better and repels dust better.