PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Cleaner for oops??

shagnat
06-16-2016, 01:02 AM
I was trying to *darken* *renew* my plastic and rubber trim on the exterior of my car and inadvertently (of course) got some in places where it didn't need to be..... paint (side panels), side windows, chrome strips, etc.

I tried several products trying to clean it off.... all to no avail...... throwing caution to the wind I decided to try a "waterless hand cleaner".... NO, not the one with Pumice..... just regular ol' style waterless hand cleaner from waay back in the day.... after 2 weeks of efforts and giving up I put this waterless hand cleaner on my car with a very cheap good for nothing (maybe wheels) microfiber towel...... of course wah la..... it worked!!!! Rubbed it on..... let it sit for half a minute, wiped it off and it was G O N E ! ! !

Took the stains off the chrome and paint...... it's waaay too late to try anything else (2am) but will definitely get to the windows soon..... I don't remember if the "restorer" I was using was Mother's or Meguiar's, but, whichever it was, it works great until you get it somewhere it doesn't belong.....

So, if in a bind and need to clean some "crud" off your car, give the waterless hand cleaner a try...... it also works very well with washing clothes to get out stains that you may think are set in forever...... Nope, not with this stuff.....

Hope this helps someone else...... however, use at your own risk just like I did.... :)

Setec Astronomy
06-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Yeah, it's handy for some stuff you wouldn't think of normally.

shagnat
06-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it's handy for some stuff you wouldn't think of normally.

It really is handy for cleaning things other than hands.... Honestly, I had tried 5-7 different automotive type cleaning products, even compounds, but, nothing came close until the waterless hand cleaner.

I'll definitely use it for other items from this point forward.