PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal on Menzerna Jescar? Isn't Jescar it's own Company? Why.......

RandyD
06-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Why is Jescar Powerlock on the Menzerna page. Does Menzerna currently manufacture this product or did Jescar buy it and change the formula as I read somewhere else. Anybody know?

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2016, 09:05 PM
It's not really that complicated. Menzerna USA (the US importer) made some products for sale in here in the US that they had arranged with Menzerna Germany to use the Menzerna name on. For whatever reason, those products are now known as Jescar. Power Lock was always a Menzerna USA product, not a Menzerna GmbH product.

Kamakaz1961
06-15-2016, 09:05 PM
It is still Menzerna, however, they changed the name here for the US (that is what I heard). I also have their detail spray and it says Jescar. I still have the OLD version of FG400 and SF4500. I do not know what the name is now. When I run out of the old stuff I will be buying whatever their new name is even if it's ACME Car stuff; I like it that much. That being said...I WISH THEY WOULD STOP CHANGING THEIR NAME AND BRAND NUMBERS!!!! I am old and too stupid to figure out all the changes!! I believe this will be the 3rd time they have made some major changes.

So bottom line: formulas still the same, the name has changed!! UGH!! I feel ya on this one!!

vobro
06-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Agreed with above. It coincides with their "Change the name of well known products to confuse the crap out of everybody" campaign. It seems to be an annual practice:nomore:

david b
06-15-2016, 10:06 PM
It is still Menzerna, however, they changed the name here for the US (that is what I heard). I also have their detail spray and it says Jescar. I still have the OLD version of FG400 and SF4500. I do not know what the name is now. When I run out of the old stuff I will be buying whatever their new name is even if it's ACME Car stuff; I like it that much. That being said...I WISH THEY WOULD STOP CHANGING THEIR NAME AND BRAND NUMBERS!!!! I am old and too stupid to figure out all the changes!! I believe this will be the 3rd time they have made some major changes.

So bottom line: formulas still the same, the name has changed!! UGH!! I feel ya on this one!!

Amen - the constant change in product name/numbering is very confusing. I've opted for other product lines that AG offers for that reason alone.

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Everything you guys want to know is in this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/97509-more-menzerna-confusion-maybe-new-powerlock.html