PDA

View Full Version : I hate parking lots

Pages : [1] 2

DetailingOwl
06-15-2016, 02:02 PM
This is why I hate parking lots. We were pulling into a parking spot and some one backed into our car. Ruined my perfect paint job!!!

idriveblackcars
06-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Damn that sucks man.

RangerDetails
06-15-2016, 02:37 PM
That is why I usually park super far or around very nice and expensive cars.

DetailingOwl
06-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah I normally do. But this was at a gas station so its hard to do that.

RangerDetails
06-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Yeah I normally do. But this was at a gas station so its hard to do that.

True

Sizzle Chest
06-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear/see this. You will get it squared away and won't even notice it. Keep us posted.

kesmit
06-15-2016, 04:34 PM
I hear ya. I just bought my first brand new car ever this year. Within two months, it was dented twice in two different parking lots. I haven't had time to get it into the paintless dent shop yet, but it is so frustrating.

Mike Phillips
06-15-2016, 04:39 PM
This is one of the reasons I gave up on owning cars and now stick to trucks...

No door dings - no fender benders...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/1987_Chevy_Silverado_4x4_Mike_Phillips.jpg

My wife drives a car but she's about ready to get rid of it and get a monster jeep just to avoid the problem you're experiencing.

I feel your pain...

:)

Murphy77
06-15-2016, 04:44 PM
When did people become so inconsiderate? They probably didn't leave a note because they had no idea they even hit you. Inconsiderate and clueless-don't get me started. Looks like some cleaner wax and a microfiber towel will be able to at least take some of that paint transference off. Good luck!

Eldorado2k
06-15-2016, 05:15 PM
I was waiting to cross the street at a busy intersection yesterday when 2 vehicles crashed into each other in the middle of street. It was totally unexpected and it was loud! 2 nice vehicles too, a brand new Chevy Camaro crashed into an Audi SUV. At the same time you heard the impact you heard the driver of the Audi belch out "cmon man"!!!

I just stood there and thought "my goodness that's gotta suck worse than anything"
Then I looked up and thanked God I had parked my car in the parking lot behind us and was on foot instead of driving.

That sucks. But it could be worse. Still sucks though...

@Mike Phillips. What kind of tire dressing do you normally apply to those big tires on your truck?

JSMet
06-15-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I park about a mile away from stores and hoof it. It doesn't make me a very popular guy with people who ride with me, but I'm tired of getting dings that I have to have a PDR man remove at considerable cost. People don't respect your property, and to avoid the hassle I walk. Kinda defeats the purpose of driving, huh? Crazy world. LOL

JeffM
06-15-2016, 06:34 PM
I dont worry about scratches anymore

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOMAAAAJDFkMzcyMTMwLTU2ZDAtNGQ5Ny1iM2 ZmLTMxOGFjNzYzNWRhNQ.png

RangerDetails
06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I dont worry about scratches anymore

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAOMAAAAJDFkMzcyMTMwLTU2ZDAtNGQ5Ny1iM2 ZmLTMxOGFjNzYzNWRhNQ.png

That van needs a good polishing. And better lettering.

VISITOR
06-15-2016, 07:09 PM
When did people become so inconsiderate? They probably didn't leave a note because they had no idea they even hit you. Inconsiderate and clueless-don't get me started. Looks like some cleaner wax and a microfiber towel will be able to at least take some of that paint transference off. Good luck!

someone knows when they hit a parked car and if no one is around to see it happen, do you think they are going to stick around? absolutely not. that means dealing with the insurance and having to pay money out of pocket in which some/most do not have or want to deal with. it's hard to own anything nice that you take care of these days...

FUNX650
06-15-2016, 08:18 PM
This is why I hate parking lots.
We were pulling into a parking spot and
some one backed into our car.
Ruined my perfect paint job!!!

this was at a gas station...
I've seen gas stations with parking spaces...
But ones with parking lots---not so much. :dunno:

Regardless, I hate when this happens to
the good Stewards of our communities.

Bob