PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a leather brush

wn1998
06-15-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm looking for the best "Leather" seat brush. I have searched high and low and most get mixed reviews either being too small or the hair falling out of the brush uncontrollably. What do you guys recommend?

Garducio
06-15-2016, 08:09 AM
I use the Natural Horse Hair Interior Upholstery Brush. It works real well and holds up fine. For me it doesn't loose any of the hairs. I'd recommend it.

Matt@Revive
06-15-2016, 11:05 AM
i use a horse hair boot brush. it does loose hair every once in a while, but for $6 i can't complain.

Mantilgh
06-15-2016, 08:57 PM
I received this one with a Leatherique kit I got from here.

Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html)

I use that and another similar one that is a little bigger with slightly longer bristles that I found locally. They are stiff, but I have not had any problems with them scratching the "leather". The soft ones just don't clean the cracks out well for me, at least on the nasty ones.

ViperGuy21
06-15-2016, 09:16 PM
I use a $6 scrub brush from a retail store that rhymes with larget. Modern day leather seats are clear coated and stand up to scrubbing pretty well. I also like using non-abrasive scrub pads for leather, they are very simple and easy to use and easily disposable.

shadwell
06-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Boot polish brush...... Soft bristle.. Designed for leather... Cheap as chips... Works......

I use the same on fabric interior too eg fabric on mouldings etc....

Eldorado2k
06-15-2016, 09:43 PM
My leather brush is actually a soft nylon wheel brush. It's sort of shaped like those lug nut brushes.. Either ways it works pretty good. It's soft enough but still has a little bite to it, haven't had to use it much lately as most of the leather I've cleaned lately isn't too dirty and Megs D181 onto a clean terry towel does the job.
If the leather is really dirty I use my little McCulloch steamer.