PDA

View Full Version : Lucus oil tire shine

Pages : [1] 2

Ryanjenkins
06-14-2016, 07:34 PM
I wanted to see if I could find a store bought WATER based tire shine when I found this stuff at Walmart of all places. Wow best looking tire shine I've ever used. No sling on my white care, good durability and of course easy to use. I spay a microfiber wax applicator and rub it into the tire. Nice deep shine. It can be knocked down with a plain micro to dull it up if you like that look. Happy to share my findings after using store bought tire shines for about 12 years. Thanks.

FUNX650
06-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Lordy, Lordy...
A Lucas Oil product---that's Water-based:
Has the World gone completely mad?!?!

:eek:

Bob

MattPersman
06-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Stuff had a good look lasted pretty average for me, went through a bottle last summer. Not bad for the $.

briarpatch
06-15-2016, 06:14 AM
pics?

Mike Phillips
06-15-2016, 07:14 AM
I wanted to see if I could find a store bought WATER based tire shine when I found this stuff at Walmart of all places.

Did you post this on the Lucus Oil Car Detailing Discussin Forum? Or the Walmar Car Detailing Discussion Forum?

:dunno:

swanicyouth
06-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Megs, Mothers, Duragloss, Griot's, & 303 all make "water based" tire shines that can be obtained locally in case you run out in a pinch between AGO orders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

briarpatch
06-15-2016, 07:37 AM
where can you buy Griots products locally? I've seen them at Autozone, but not a full line-up, and there weren't any tire care products.....

swanicyouth
06-15-2016, 07:43 AM
where can you buy Griots products locally? I've seen them at Autozone, but not a full line-up, and there weren't any tire care products.....

Well, I don't think the admins of the forum want me pointing out where to shop their competition.

I live in PA. Griot's products are everywhere now around me. Including their new poly sealant, new towels, waxes, GG6, pads, liquids, etc...

It's a fine line. I don't buy much if any detailing products locally. I like to shop at PBMG and get exactly what I want - since they carry full lines of products.

I was just trying to point out, if your going to source a product locally - at least pick products from quality detailing companies. I wouldn't buy any detailing supplies from some oil company. Yuck.

briarpatch
06-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Well, I don't think the admins of the forum want me pointing out where to shop their competition.

I live in PA. Griot's products are everywhere now around me. Including their new poly sealant, new towels, waxes, GG6, pads, liquids, etc...

It's a fine line. I don't buy much if any detailing products locally. I like to shop at PBMG and get exactly what I want - since they carry full lines of products.

me too...AGO has become the best place for me to get stuff......I've just not seen more than a few Griots products available locally.....

custmsprty
06-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Exactly

I'm just curious, what do you mean by exactly since you started a thread about a non AG product that Mike P pointed out doesn't have a "detailing forum" as neither does Walmart?
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

JeffM
06-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Lucas oil products are pretty much not good from used oil analysis reports, so why would they make a good detailing product?

moving on...

VISITOR
06-15-2016, 07:24 PM
i love PERL at 1:1 for tires and it can be bought here at AG...

OSP1560
06-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Did you post this on the Lucus Oil Car Detailing Discussin Forum? Or the Walmar Car Detailing Discussion Forum?

:dunno:

Looks to me like a recommendation for AG to also look into other products!

custmsprty
06-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Looks to me like a recommendation for AG to also look into other products!

They don't carry a wide enough variety of products as it is?

Rsurfer
06-15-2016, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=swanicyouth;1394277]I live in PA. Griot's products are everywhere now around me. Including their new poly sealant, new towels, waxes, GG6, pads, liquids, etc..

Looks like there's going to be a big Griot close out sale at AG.

I remember when Surf City went retail, they got dumped by AG.