PDA

View Full Version : Question for Rinseless Gurus- Media for grills/nooks/crannies

oneheadlite
06-14-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm finally getting with the times and am going to go rinseless for maintenance washes. I have both Wolfgang Uber Rinseless and Optimum No Rinse Wash/Wax to try out to see which I prefer. I have a stack of the Shine and Buff towels, AG's own MicroFiber Rinseless Mitt and the Black Micros for doing wheels and jams.

My question is - what are folks doing for areas like grills and tighter spaces? When doing a traditional wash I will use a soft short handle boars hair brush. My wife's S-line Q5 has quite a bit of mesh style trim both front and rear along with black painted slat style center grill. Would using the brush soaked with Rinseless solution be a bad idea?

Planning on presoaking panels as I go with a waterless dilution for safety's sake, also will be doing single bucket/no double dipping method. If using the brush, I'll probably do a separate bucket for it as I like the idea of gamma sealing and keeping leftover solution.

Thanks!
John

Setec Astronomy
06-14-2016, 12:22 PM
Brush should be fine with the rinseless, IMO. I just did this recently for a trunk hinge area.

How are you planning to dry those areas?

oneheadlite
06-14-2016, 12:30 PM
How are you planning to dry those areas?

That is an excellent question. To be honest, I hadn't thought through that part. I'm open to suggestions. I have some Griot's PFM towels I could give a shot.

I was thinking about treating the trim with something like the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (or similar) to help ease cleaning/drying. Think that would help?

Setec Astronomy
06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
If you have mesh areas the problem is if you leave wash solution it will spot, especially with the ONRWW. So you will need to get a towel in there or maybe blow it dry?