PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Black Label Leather and Vinyl Coating... Safe for White Leather?

RadioWave
06-13-2016, 04:13 PM
So the math looks something like "New car with white leather seats plus 3 kids under the age of ten == Leather Protectant in bulk". Is PBL recommended for white (Oyster) leather? The write up says it's "attractive on light colored interiors" but, then again, so does CQuartz Leather Coating right before it says "Avoid use on white colored leather". :confused:

Obviously, there will be much spot testing done beforehand but what's the general consensus on it? If not, is there sealant that *is* safe for white leather?

Jomax
06-13-2016, 10:09 PM
I just Purchased it for my sisters Lincoln with cream leather(almost white)

I believe we'll be fine. But interested in what others say.

vobro
06-13-2016, 10:30 PM
Not sure but you may also want to stock up on leather cleaner! Been there done that with BMW Oyster, it's a PIA

Jomax
06-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Not sure but you may also want to stock up on leather cleaner! Been there done that with BMW Oyster, it's a PIA

But man does it look good clean!

Mantilgh
06-14-2016, 07:23 AM
A coating would be a great idea if you have kids. Maybe get some 303 Fabric Gaurd for the carpets and want not too.

But the best thing to do is to try to limit food and drinks in vehicle. Maybe a coating on the outside too, I constantly have finger print/hand smudges from them touching the car. Darn little automotive terrists they are.

cleanmycorolla
06-14-2016, 07:39 AM
it should have zero affect on your white leather....

FUNX650
06-14-2016, 08:13 AM
This is the only precaution that I've ever
seen/read regarding this PBL product:
"This protectant is designed for finished leather
only, do not apply to aniline or suede finishes".

Also:
The below photo (ca. ~2013) depicts
this particular PBL Coating being used
upon what I'll call a "light colored"
interior appointment.

However...IMO:
It's entirely up to you whether, or not,
that this photo...along with the above
precaution...will help to provide any
relief from your concern of: is it
"safe for white leather".

Bob

Nick McKees37
06-14-2016, 08:21 AM
All BLACK LABEL interior care products are safe for white leather. :dblthumb2:

The coating is especially a great choice for light colored leather because it's going to help reduce dye transfer from blue jeans.

RadioWave
06-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Not sure but you may also want to stock up on leather cleaner! Been there done that with BMW Oyster, it's a PIAHa! Got that in spades already. I carry it around in the car to make sure everything's cleaned as soon as humanly possible.

A coating would be a great idea if you have kids. Maybe get some 303 Fabric Gaurd for the carpets and want not too.

But the best thing to do is to try to limit food and drinks in vehicle. Maybe a coating on the outside too, I constantly have finger print/hand smudges from them touching the car. Darn little automotive terrists they are.Automotive terrorists... I like that a lot. Great idea on the carpets as well.

All BLACK LABEL interior care products are safe for white leather. :dblthumb2:

The coating is especially a great choice for light colored leather because it's going to help reduce dye transfer from blue jeans.
Thanks for that! I'll definitely order some and let everyone know.

Thanks again.