PDA

View Full Version : Carpet and upholstery

Pages : [1] 2

precisionmobile85
06-13-2016, 07:08 AM
How does everybody go about cleaning their carpets and seats etc. If you dont own a extractor or steam cleaner?

precisionmobile85
06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Im guessing no responses means go out and buy a extractor or steam cleaner lol.. I have my own method with cleaners, brushes and a nice vac but i was just curious how others may go about it.

Belair
06-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Best Carpet and Upholstery Stain Remover (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?54349-Best-Carpet-and-Upholstery-Stain-Remover#iaJZTpSDbEQMGwsQ.97)

bill walsh
06-15-2016, 05:37 PM
ou can use wet vac and cleaners

Mantilgh
06-15-2016, 05:40 PM
This

I have my own method with cleaners, brushes and a nice vac but i was just curious how others may go about it.

You don't have to have them but they will make some jobs quicker and/or easier. I don't use either. Just brushes, vac, towels, and some good cleaners that don't leave residue behind.

LEDetailing
06-15-2016, 05:54 PM
I like Chemical Guys Fabric clean. I pre-clean with vacuum and brush. I next lightly dampen the carpet with plain warm tap water and 20:1 Fabric Clean. I agitate with both brushes and white cotton terry cloth towels. I vacuum and repeat. Using the terry cloth to absorb as much water as possible. For spot cleaning and very light soiling this method works very well.

dcjredline
06-15-2016, 07:12 PM
I do the same with out an extractor.

ViperGuy21
06-15-2016, 09:20 PM
I like to spray on a cleaner or shampoo and then scrub with my carpet brush hooked up to my GG6. Makes carpet cleaning super quick, easy, and effective

precisionmobile85
06-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Cool thanks for the responses. I basically do the same as all of you. Id like an extractor but if i got one id want to spend the money once and get a nice one..just not in the budget with all the other cool products i keep buying

Guyb
06-15-2016, 10:42 PM
I vacuum, use my pc when needed, Megs APC on some spots and steam. You can get decent inexpensive steamers. I don't own an extractor.

Eldorado2k
06-15-2016, 10:47 PM
I vacuum, use my pc when needed, Megs APC on some spots and steam. You can get decent inexpensive steamers. I don't own an extractor.

What technique do you use when using the steamer to clean carpet? [i.e. which attachment etc.]

Guyb
06-15-2016, 11:12 PM
I am using a McColloch 1385 with a triangle brush head. I cover it with a microfiber towel.

AuroraDetailing
06-16-2016, 12:55 AM
A relatively cheap mechanical method would be using a drill brush. Use a stain extract product of your choice, I use Stain Extract from chemical guys (I haven't tried anything else since I bought all my cleaning products in gallons) and I lightly spray the area, and use a drill and brush to scrub the carpets and floor mats to try to loosen up stains and then go over them with a microfiber. When I worked with my buddy, he had his own extractor, but we would still drill brush the carpet before using the extractor. I bought a cheap corded Ryobi drill from home depot for about $20. I saw the same one at a pawn shop for $12. The drill brush is around $15 i think. It's good to have even if you still plan on getting an extractor later.

wvspeed
06-16-2016, 09:05 AM
I use cg fabric clean ,scrub it then use a carpet cleaning machine with some extractor fluid to clean it up

oneheadlite
06-16-2016, 09:19 AM
I use cg fabric clean ,scrub it then use a carpet cleaning machine with some extractor fluid to clean it up

No pro, but I do basically the same thing. I have a spot bot that I'll use to spray plain warm water on the section to be cleaned, treat spots w/ your interior cleaner of choice, scrub using carpet brush, use spot bot to pull up the water. Wipe it down with a clean damp towel and done.