PDA

View Full Version : Tips on When to Clean a Microfiber

spielwurfel
06-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Hello guys

I've been in doubt on when to clean certain microfiber towels.

When I use my towel to buff off the wax, when I finish the job it's still clean, only with buffed wax. Should I wash the towel after that or can I still keep on using it later (like, months later)?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
06-12-2016, 12:20 PM
That's really up to you. I tend to forget what I used a towel for months later (and how clean or dirty they are), so I tend to just throw them in the wash bucket when I'm done. But let's say I used only a small portion of a towel for something, I might hang that towel over the top of the product bottle and put it back in the cabinet that way. But generally if I'm washing a load of towels I go through the cabinets and check for those towels and pull them out to wash.

Hope that helps you in some way.

derass
06-12-2016, 01:46 PM
I have about 40 towels and am just waiting until most of them are dirty before throwing them in the wash. I'll do 2 loads: one for my cheap cleaning towels and another for my more expensive buffing towels.

WeekendDIY
06-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I pretty much wash any and all towels used for no matter what purpose after every use.

I also do two loads, one for the cheapies and one for the premium ones.

SKorch630
06-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I wash mine after every use as well.

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 05:53 PM
I also wash mine after every use.

pheerix
06-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Immediately wash or soak in soapy water

spielwurfel
06-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Ok, I got the message xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natewood70
06-12-2016, 07:50 PM
I was actually thinking about this today as I did a small load. I really only do mine and my wife's car which during a rinseless wash will get a total of 9 dirty towels (6 for the wash, 1 to dry the car, 1 to wash the wheels and tires, 1 to dry the wheels and tires).

This is enough for a small load, but was thinking it might make more sense to double up the load. This means the at least 9 towels will remain dirty for a week, so should I just leave them in a water and soap solution to prevent the dirt from setting in until wash time?

Jeremy1976
06-12-2016, 09:08 PM
I wash after every use as well. I wash my wax, window, and interior towels together. My wheel and tire towels together. My drying towel and chenille wash mitts by themselves. I will also throw my microfiber applicators in with towels that coincide with use.

swanicyouth
06-13-2016, 05:47 AM
I've figured out an exact formula on when to clean microfiber towels (WTCMFT).

First, let it be known:

A = You are tired at looking a dirty towels. (assign value from 1-20 points)

B = Your dirty towel container is full. (assign value from 1-20 points)

C = You receive a new MF soap you want to try. (assign value from 1-20 points)

D = You are running out of clean towels. (assign value from 1-20 points)

E = Your girlfriend/wife/old lady/"domestic partner" isn't around to accidentally empty the washer or dryer. (assign value from 1-20 points)

WTCMT = 1/7(A) + 1/7(B) + 2/7(C) + 1/7(D) + 2/7(E)

If your final answer is >\ 80 points - it's Time To Clean Your Towels (TTCYT).

This is not to be confused with Time To Buy MF towels (TTBMFT), which is the precise point you consider Using A Towel On Two Separate Detailing Occasions Without Washing It (UATOTSDOWWI).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeremy1976
06-13-2016, 06:31 AM
I've figured out an exact formula on when to clean microfiber towels (WTCMFT).

First, let it be known:

A = You are tired at looking a dirty towels. (assign value from 1-20 points)

B = Your dirty towel container is full. (assign value from 1-20 points)

C = You receive a new MF soap you want to try. (assign value from 1-20 points)

D = You are running out of clean towels. (assign value from 1-20 points)

E = Your girlfriend/wife/old lady/"domestic partner" isn't around to accidentally empty the washer or dryer. (assign value from 1-20 points)

WTCMT = 1/7(A) + 1/7(B) + 2/7(C) + 1/7(D) + 2/7(E)

If your final answer is >\ 80 points - it's Time To Clean Your Towels (TTCYT).

This is not to be confused with Time To Buy MF towels (TTBMFT), which is the precise point you consider Using A Towel On Two Separate Detailing Occasions Without Washing It (UATOTSDOWWI).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ha ha. Funny stuff man. Great post!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk