PDA

View Full Version : Help cleaning new wheels!

cade
06-12-2016, 11:47 AM
I just ordered a new set of fuel mavericks they are satin black painted wheels with milled spokes, trying to find the best way to clean and protect these wheels! Maybe a wheel wax or something but not having any luck in stores. Somebody help please! 49209

blkSRT
06-12-2016, 03:54 PM
If you use a coating cleaning will be much easier. Most of the time you can you your same car wash soap with a soft brush.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-wheel-coating.html)

BMW435
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM
I just ordered a new set of fuel mavericks they are satin black painted wheels with milled spokes, trying to find the best way to clean and protect these wheels! Maybe a wheel wax or something but not having any luck in stores. Somebody help please! 49209

You could get CarPro Hydro2 Lite which is a spray on/spray off wheel sealant. Very easy to use and works great. Should last a good 2 to 3 months depending on your wheel cleaning regimen. Or if you want a wheel coating, you could try McKees 37 wheel coating. I don't think you'll find anything worth buying in a local auto parts store.

rodneypierce
06-13-2016, 02:43 AM
I coated my new wheels with gtechniq wheel armor. Man what a difference!! They are silver wheels, and my car dusts horribly. I can literally just use the pressure washer and they come perfectly clean. No agitation,no cleaners, not even soap. It's simply amazing!

cade
06-13-2016, 08:17 AM
I definitely keep them nice and clean, despite the tires and lift the truck never sees offroad environment except when pulling the 4 wheeler to the riding spot, even then its just dust, ill check all those products out, thanks for the input!

richy
06-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Depends on how much effort you want to expend. The best is to remove them and coat the barrels and faces. The easy way is to use CarPro Hydro or Aqua Bead. Spray on, rinse and viola! Stupid easy, just not as long lasting as coating.

Mike Honcho
06-13-2016, 10:14 AM
Is any agitation still needed to get the brake dust off? I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I don't have to spend 15 minutes bent over each wheel scrubbing every inch of my rims if I use Hrdro2 (or similar) product.

cade
06-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I tried cquartz on them, but it didnt really do much at all. Might not have done it right though. Just ordered some hydro2, going to see how well it works

wn1998
06-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I found just keeping them clean works well. I don't let my wheels go more than 2 weeks without a good cleaning. I finish the cleaning with some Aquawax. I haven't had any brake dust problems. It's cheap and it works well.

ScottB
06-13-2016, 06:05 PM
I coated my new wheels with gtechniq wheel armor. Man what a difference!! They are silver wheels, and my car dusts horribly. I can literally just use the pressure washer and they come perfectly clean. No agitation,no cleaners, not even soap. It's simply amazing!

I agree ... well worth the cost.

cade
06-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Is that gtechniq anything similar to cquartz? Like i said didnt have any luck with it. Im going to try the hydro2 but if that doesnt work i will give the gtechniq a try

SKT
05-22-2017, 05:06 PM

What did you end up using for these?

I have the same wheels. In an effort to keep them clean, I wash, polish and wax them every time I wash the Jeep. Would be great to find a long-lasting sealant.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57431&d=1495490722