PDA

View Full Version : Electric Leaf Blower Filter for intake??

duddy89
06-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Used a blower for the first time to dry my car and it did a great job, however the intake is completely open to any elements that could be floating in the air or if I get it too close to the ground. Have any of you clamped on a filter somehow? I can't find any :(

This is the leaf blower I bought FYI - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOLZAUQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

shadwell
06-11-2016, 11:50 PM
nope.... I don't live in the Sahara so particulates not a concern...

VISITOR
06-12-2016, 01:45 AM
you'll be fine, the bottom part is for mulching and i wouldn't use the leaf blower if after you have done so...

at some point if you want a dedicated blower for the car, the mckee turbo dryer works really well and with the sales going on it will bring the price down even more...

TheAverageMan
06-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Could try womens pantyhose, I thought about using it on my Ridgid Vac Blower

TTQ B4U
06-12-2016, 06:05 AM
putting a "filter" on the blower isn't going to do anything. you're kicking up more dust and dirt from the suface your vehicle is sitting on than you might expect. blowers like that move HUGE volumes of air. I use mine to clean the leaves and dust out of the garage.

I personally use my shop vac. I pop the hose off and reverse it and simply put one of those nylon "footies" they use at the shoe store for when women try on shoes over the hose where it connects to the canister. Mine has a filter on the exhaust that pops off thus I'm simply putting the footie in it's place. You can buy them at the store. I keep a couple handy and use my vac as it is more "targeted" in its airflow and does a great job.

Most of the dust and dirt inside is so compacted that I hardly ever get anything blowing out into the filter. The only time is after I empty it and even then I just run it for a few seconds outside to clear the tubing of dust.

ScottB
06-12-2016, 09:54 AM
I would never use a leaf blower or shop vac for drying the finish "if" you are using it for other chores. It should be dedicated to only one use. If not, simply consider the Metro blowers. Yes they are expensive up front, but worth every penny. You can also consider the McKee Dryer as another choice.

TTQ B4U
06-12-2016, 10:36 AM
I would never use a leaf blower or shop vac for drying the finish "if" you are using it for other chores. It should be dedicated to only one use.

I see your point but I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and never had an issue. Again a simple filter like the nylon booty and proper common sense. Such as not using a drywall vac or one that is used in a metal shop. :) Just an average shop vac used to clean out cars isn't a big deal.

jcaustin87
06-12-2016, 01:57 PM
If you're going to use your shop-vac at least get a dedicated hose.... Have you ever flushed out your shop-vac hose and see all the crap that gets trapped in the ribs on the hose?

TTQ B4U
06-12-2016, 04:19 PM
If you're going to use your shop-vac at least get a dedicated hose.... Have you ever flushed out your shop-vac hose and see all the crap that gets trapped in the ribs on the hose?

I have a smooth-bor hose that I cut to 30ft in length and adapted the ends from my current unit to. Love it.