PDA

View Full Version : flat black stripes

Pages : [1] 2

redline
06-11-2016, 11:22 PM
going to pick up my rt scat pack on monday and it has a flat black stripe . i am wanting to know is the any wax or spray wax that will now fade it or discolor the stripe?

mwoywod
06-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Consumer products that are tried and tested -Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax or Ultimate quick wax

I typically use optimum car wax (spray wax) or if i need to polish it to remove oxidation and light scratching I'll use Optimums poli-seal

hoyt66
06-12-2016, 03:53 AM
My car is four years old and I wax right over mine. That being said, they are well protected but are not "flat" black anymore. I might actually replace them one day to get the true "flat" back
P.s. congratulations on the new scat. That's a nice car!

silverfox
06-12-2016, 05:00 AM
My Camaro has them. The car is 6 yrs old and the stripes look like new. I only use D156 or detail spray on them. Never use a polish or paste wax on them. Anything with petroleum or solvents will ruin them.

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 05:05 AM
op you could always throw CG jetseal matte on the strips. This will actually seal them which is better than just spraying a QD. And it keeps them looking the way they should for a very long time with little to no effort.

I use the product on pieces you describe all the time, fantastic stuff!

FUNX650
06-12-2016, 08:21 AM
•In order to maintain as much of the
"original matte-ness" as possible...
-I always suggest to use dedicated matte
products from places like Dr. Beasley's,
Nanolex, and Swissvax, for example.

Note:
Nick, here @ Autogeek, is working
on some dedicated matte products.

•But for those that are reluctant to purchase
matte products from the aforementioned
Companies/Suppliers/Resellers...

-here are some Meguiar's products that they
claim are, more or less: "matte-friendly".

Bob

gsbell
06-12-2016, 09:17 AM
Meguiars D156 worked well on my scat pack stripe

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Meguiars D156 work well on my scat pack stripe

It's just cleaning the surface. It's not protecting the pieces from fading and sun damage.

FUNX650
06-12-2016, 09:56 AM
It's just cleaning the surface.

It's not protecting the pieces from fading
and sun damage.
Please be so kind as to share your data
that allows you to unequivocally say that
triethoxyoctylsilane does not provide for
Sun-damages/fading protection.

Bob

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Please be so kind as to share your data
that allows you to unequivocally say that
triethoxyoctylsilane does not provide for
Sun-damages/fading protection.

Bob

Compared to a sealant like I suggested earlier ? A sealant that is specifically designed for a matte application. lol do I need to really give an explainatin ?

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM
I know I know it's a CG product. Good forbid I mention a great product that isn't worshiped over on AG.

FUNX650
06-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Compared to a sealant like I suggested earlier ?
A sealant that is specifically designed
for a matte application.
lol do I need to really give an explainatin ?
Did I say the word: compared?
You're the one that brought up
Meguiar's D156 not protecting...
So I say: Yeah,
You need to give an explanation why
you believe that is the case!

Deflect much?
{Nice try! :rolleyes:}

Bob

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Did I say the word: compared?
You're the one that brought up
Meguiar's D156 not protecting...
So I say: Yeah,
You need to give an explanation why
you believe that is the case!

Deflect much?
{Nice try! :rolleyes:}

Bob

It's a spray wax you were referring to, what's the protection lifespan like a few days lol?

And it's not even matte specific might I add. Just mask off the areas throw some jetseal matte on it and call it a day. Matte pieces will be protected for at least 6 months to a year.

I know guys in my area with full vehicle wraps and js matte on the entire car. It just lasts and lasts and is easy to maintain and wash with the wrap finish.

Or the alternative, spray it like a normal piece of paint while cleaning the hood with a QD. You would literally have to spray it down weekly (more chance of scratching) and take the chance of fading over time.

FUNX650
06-12-2016, 05:11 PM
It's a spray wax you were referring to, what's the protection lifespan like a few days lol?

And it's not even matte specific might I add. Just mask off the areas throw some jetseal matte on it and call it a day. Matte pieces will be protected for at least 6 months to a year.

I know guys in my area with full vehicle wraps and js matte on the entire car. It just lasts and lasts and is easy to maintain and wash with the wrap finish.

Or the alternative, spray it like a normal piece of paint while cleaning the hood with a QD. You would literally have to spray it down weekly (more chance of scratching) and take the chance of fading over time.
Geezy Pete: Still deflecting!

Once again you have not provided
any of your data to back-up your
original D156-contention:

It's just cleaning the surface.
It's not protecting the pieces from
fading and sun damage.

:nomore:

Bob

idriveblackcars
06-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Geezy Pete: Still deflecting!

Once again you have not provided
any of your data to back-up your
original D156-contention:

:nomore:

Bob

Not sure what to tell ya man. I'm pretty familiar with the stuff. It's nice for the price but at the end of the day it's nothing more than another Meg's QD which protection wise usually lasts 2 weeks tops unless used weekly.

Was just trying to give the op another option, and option to actually use a dedicated matte sealant on those pieces. They sell it in a 4oz bottle too,perfect size for his application.