PDA

View Full Version : Buffing a McClaren with clear bra.

WAXOFF
06-11-2016, 09:55 AM
I have to do a McClaren in the near future that I haven't seen under lights but any input on products,pads techniques would be appreciated. I just don't want to do anything to harm it. The entire front end all the way to the back of the hood and fenders is done and an excellent job I might add. Usually I've see ones that have about 1/2 of the hood done.

Mike lambert
06-11-2016, 10:27 AM
I generally use m205 on a polishing pad on the film. Just don't want to get to aggressive. Just start with a polish on a test spot and go from there. I seen them with hard and soft paint. Until you see the car and start on it no one can tell you what works. Just enjoy the car!

refreshauto
06-11-2016, 10:29 AM
You can polish the clear bra, just don't go to crazy with it. A simple polish is good with it.

WAXOFF
06-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks

WAXOFF
06-11-2016, 11:03 AM
I figured I might use a red or gold CCS pad.

StoleIt
06-11-2016, 11:25 AM
I have to do a McClaren in the near future that I haven't seen under lights but any input on products,pads techniques would be appreciated. I just don't want to do anything to harm it. The entire front end all the way to the back of the hood and fenders is done and an excellent job I might add. Usually I've see ones that have about 1/2 of the hood done.

I used the Chemical Guys black light + Jet Seal on my Xpel clear bra (full hood) with no issues on application. Hand applied with a foam applicator.