PDA

View Full Version : Pinnicle Products/high End? Or Just Great Marketing ?

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
SO FAR IVE BEEN BUYING PINNICLE WAXES SHAMPOOS ECT. AND THERE GREAT. IVE BEEN READING THE BROSURES I RECIVED FROM A/G DESCRIBING HOW THEY MAKE THERE CHEMICALS /WAXES ECT. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS EVERYTHING THEY WRITE IS THIS BASED ON FACTUAL INFORMATION? FOR INSTINCE. THERE SHAMPOO. I LOVE IT AND JUST ORDERED A GALLON. IT SAYS THEY HAVE SPECIAL BLENDED COCONUT OILS . AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF. AND I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE TO READ THIS ABOUT THERE CHEMICALS. I JUST HOPE IT ISNT JUST FANCY MARKETING HYPE.

trhland
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
JUST WANTED TO ADD ONE MORE THING . AS FAR AS PINNICLE LINE IS . IM VERY HAPPY WITH THERE STUFF AND PLAN ON USEING MORE OF THERE LINE . I JUST HOPE THAT THERE INGRIDIENTS ARE TRUE. I MEAN US AS DETAILERS WOULD NEVER KNOW IF THEY WERENT. WERE NOT CHEMISTS. I MEAN I WOULD NEVER KNOW IT IF THERE SPECIAL COCONUT OILS THEY USE IN THERE SHAMPOO IS FROM ACTUAL COCONUTS PICKED FROM TREES. OR JUST SOME SENT THEY ADDED :D

makdaddy626
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd say YES - they are top-end products and YES - there is some marketing hype. I feel based on my experience with AG and their products that the FACTUAL information is true - but advertisements are always somewhat exagerated in terms of the benefits. If they say they're using "special cocount oils" - I believe they are, I just don't know what's "special" about them not do I care. Maybe they add a drop of Max's sweat to each gallon of coconut oil to make it "special" - the thing is, if you're happy with the RESULTS you get with the product and think it's being sold at a price that's fair given the results... buy it, use it, enjoy it... if you found out that the "special" wasn't all that special, but the results were still better than brand X - what difference would it make?

D
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
They might not be special, might be the same thing everyone else adds. But if it says its got coconut oils in there, doesnt it have to? Wouldnt that be false advertisement?

I have yet to try their shampoo, I want to though.

trhland
10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd say YES - they are top-end products and YES - there is some marketing hype. I feel based on my experience with AG and their products that the FACTUAL information is true - but advertisements are always somewhat exagerated in terms of the benefits. If they say they're using "special cocount oils" - I believe they are, I just don't know what's "special" about them not do I care. Maybe they add a drop of Max's sweat to each gallon of coconut oil to make it "special" - the thing is, if you're happy with the RESULTS you get with the product and think it's being sold at a price that's fair given the results... buy it, use it, enjoy it... if you found out that the "special" wasn't all that special, but the results were still better than brand X - what difference would it make?
you mean i just droped 70 bucks on a gallon of maxs sweat?ew. dam but it smells nice though:D

makdaddy626
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
you mean i just droped 70 bucks on a gallon of maxs sweat?ew. dam but it smells nice though:D

If it works...:D:D:D

THENIZZZEIL
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
im sure its both..but theres quite a few products out there that offer more for less

cwcad
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
If you are happy with the results I say continue with them. I have used a number of the products and I personally do not use them anymore because of price. With that said I think that Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is the easiest product that I have ever used. Goes on easy and come off the same way. Loved the look but was disappointed in durability.

trhland
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
If you are happy with the results I say continue with them. I have used a number of the products and I personally do not use them anymore because of price. With that said I think that Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is the easiest product that I have ever used. Goes on easy and come off the same way. Loved the look but was disappointed in durability.
o i will still use them i was just wondering about the ingridients, thats all

ScottB
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I would remind each that the products offered within the lines of Pinnacle are not duplicated nor private labeled to any other line. Captain Max has his own chemist, and though Souveran was a co-colaberation all products since are Pinnacles and Pinnacles alone. The captain bought out complete rights to Souveran from Terry several years back.

I consider Pinnacle to be a high line offering like several PBMA exclusive products. I liken them to Zaino in that they are unique and not allowed for reuse.

Gary Sword
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't know if I would call all of the products great but Souveran Paste, Liquid Souveran, Signiture Seriers and Pinnicle Leather Conditioner are all excellant products that I use a lot.

Mr Dream Machines
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Well I've not used much Pinnacle due to high price but XMT is quite reasonably prices in 946ml in Australia and I'm very happy with it on my lower level details where menzerna isn't used. XMT #2 is lovely

Almost all shampoo's contain cocoamide (coconut derivative) so I'm not sure about their special coconut oils being special
I never liked the pinnacle shampoo, made paint rough and dry.

accellora
10-19-2007, 08:07 AM
:iagree:
If it works...:D:D:D

With all the products out there even I get caught up in all hype about this product and that - and I'm a newbie!! In the end we have to rely on each other as to what products work best to our desire. I want protection and I want "wet look", every product promises it, but in the end try em out, listen to your peers and go with your gut.

trhland
10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
i want to make sure that max is climbing up coconut trees and droping down the coconuts and emptying out the juice into my shampoo!!!:D

supercharged
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Pinnacle products aredefenetely high end, I was never dissapointed by any of their products.