PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 1000P on black in the summer?

TTQ B4U
06-11-2016, 06:29 AM
I have a strong addiction to trying out various LSP's as there seem to be so dang many really good ones out there. Finish Kare 1000P is one I've never used and am anxious to try. Haven't seen too much talk about Finish Kare 1000P but I've ordered some and am looking forward to trying it out.

Anyone here have input on how it will perform on a very nicely jeweled pure black car. Especially interested in how it holds up in the summer heat. I've read a little bit about it and it seems it should do nicely given it's temp resistance.

Inquiring minds want to know.

ski2
06-11-2016, 06:50 AM
I don't know how it will perform on black, but I'm going to give it a try on my wife's (non-metallic) black Golf once I get a chance to detail it. I've had FK1000p on my medium green Passat for the past year and have been so impressed with it's performance (self cleaning ability, protection from bird bombs and insect etching, durability and slickness) and ability to eliminate water spots that I plan on applying it to the Golf for this reason more than anything else.

TTQ B4U
06-11-2016, 07:00 AM
I don't know how it will perform on black, but I'm going to give it a try on my wife's (non-metallic) black Golf once I get a chance to detail it. I've had FK1000p on my medium green Passat for the past year and have been so impressed with it's performance (self cleaning ability, protection from bird bombs and insect etching, durability and slickness) and ability to eliminate water spots that I plan on applying it to the Golf for this reason more than anything else.

Good to hear. All of those points are reasons for me wanting to try it. A few weeks back I put on a coat of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax as I really enjoy the look it provides. Last week I then topped her off with some Collinite 845 as I trust the durability and she is shining like a beauty in my garage now. Really interested in seeing how all three compare.

FUNX650
06-11-2016, 07:09 AM
I'm such an advocate of FK1000P's benefits
that I've often been accused of proselytizing.

Bob

wn1998
06-11-2016, 08:16 AM
I am curious about this sealant as well but won't try it as it stains trim. Although I am careful when applying, I just like the idea of not having to be "careful when applying".

TTQ B4U
06-11-2016, 09:41 AM
I just a text stating that it's due to arrive today! Awesome timing as I just cleaned her up. It's going to be HOT today but it will be with it.

ski2
06-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Good to hear. All of those points are reasons for me wanting to try it. A few weeks back I put on a coat of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax as I really enjoy the look it provides. Last week I then topped her off with some Collinite 845 as I trust the durability and she is shining like a beauty in my garage now. Really interested in seeing how all three compare.

FK1000 has the look of another coat of clear. It seems as though it is not bothered by what's on the paint when you apply. Apply it very thin and if you're going to do a second coat wait at least 48 hours as some have reported pseudo holograms with a second coat applied too soon after the first.

ski2
06-11-2016, 11:13 AM
I am curious about this sealant as well but won't try it as it stains trim. Although I am careful when applying, I just like the idea of not having to be "careful when applying".

I have allot of black trim on my Passat but just keep a MF and FK425 handy when applying the FK1000--if I get any on the trim just spray 425 on the MF and wipe the trim--no big deal. The 425 is a fantastic drying aid also--very slick.