PDA

View Full Version : Instant detailer vs waterless wash

hardrock2401
06-10-2016, 08:21 PM
I have always gone to the car wash every week to rinse my car off (she is has opti-coat on her), just to come home and wipe it down with my Pinnacle final finish xmt to get rid of any water spots that are bound to happen.

Can someone explain exactly what the waterless wash does rather than just using an instant detailer? Most waterless washes say they are only meant to wipe away light dirt anyways.......so someone school me please.

asap2stacks
06-10-2016, 08:27 PM
There's so many different views on this... Personally I think it's a marketing thing but I use waterless wash to maintain a vehicles up keep after a full detail, which you basically use a quick detailer for as well. But there are some very good WW products out there for cleaning dirty vehicles very good. I've used them for tough jobs before you cant even tell the difference honestly from water to WW.

hardrock2401
06-10-2016, 09:07 PM
I still have almost a full gallon of my XMT left, I really like the look of the blackfire waterless wash kit, but don't want to waste money at the same time for the same result

Marc08EX
06-10-2016, 09:24 PM
A quick search and it seems I already asked this question before:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/31993-difference-between-waterless-washing-quick-detailing.html

Here's Mike Phillip's reply in my thread above:

From my article list...

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html)

There are 4 popular approaches to washing and cleaning cars, below are descriptions of the four different approaches followed with the products that can be used for the different approaches.

Normal Car Wash
A normal car wash is simply the more traditional method of dragging out the water hose, filling a bucket with water, adding the soap then spraying the car down with water, then washing the car and then going back to the water hose to rinse the suds off and then repeating this over the rest of the car before the section you just washed has a chance to dry possibly causing water spots. This system works well but it also uses a lot of water and in some areas it may not be allowed.

Waterless Car Wash
A waterless car wash is where you use a high lubricity pre-mixed spray detailer to heavily saturate a panel and then carefully wipe any dirt or road grime off to a dry shine. The key to working safely with a waterless car wash is to use plenty of clean, microfiber polishing towels and after using all 8 sides of a microfiber towel, quit using the microfiber towel and switch to a new, clean microfiber polishing towel so you don't simply transfer dirt removed from one panel to another panel.

Rinseless Car Wash
A rinseless car wash is kind of a cross between a normal car wash and a waterless car wash. Like a normal car wash, you’re still going to use water, but only a couple of gallons. Like a waterless wash, instead of rinsing your wash solution off, you’ll work panel by panel and wipe each panel to a dry shine using microfiber drying towels like the Water Guzzler. With a Rinseless Wash, you’ll use dramatically less water but still be flushing the panel with plenty of high lubricity wash solution to leave behind a scratch-free finish.

Spray Detailer
Spray Detailers are for removing, Light Dust, Fingerprints, Smudges and most can also be used as a clay lubricant. Light dust is a light accumulation of airborne dust and contaminants that have landed primarily on horizontal surfaces and have not in any way bonded to the paint.

:)

Here's a good article Nick wrote about the difference between quick detailers, waterless wash and spray waxes:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49299-definitive-how-guide-spray-waxes-quick-detail-sprays-waterless-washes.html