PDA

View Full Version : Detailing website and Google

Pages : [1] 2 3

asap2stacks
06-10-2016, 08:19 PM
I recently just got my website created and finished I'm trying to figure out how I get it so it will be available on Google search and how I can get it to be on the top searches

briarpatch
06-10-2016, 08:26 PM
whats the URL?

WeekendDIY
06-10-2016, 08:29 PM
I think you have to basically register the site with the search engines. Setup meta tags and key word searches. I think you can set a dollar amount "not to exceed" when it comes to clicks. Basically you do have to pay to pat to be on the first page.

asap2stacks
06-10-2016, 08:40 PM
www.crystal-cleardetailing.com

GSKR
06-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Auto Detailing Carroll County (http://www.crystal-cleardetailing.com)
What was on the hood of that car.

osiapstndp
06-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Quick comment, your website has "© 2023" on its footer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

asap2stacks
06-10-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm a time traveling detailer that came back in time to post this topic.

The hood is fine turns out it was tree sap that got so hot on the hood it bubbled up and melted

antti@561detailing
06-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Your site is available for google search...you just need to learn how to optimize it. Also being on the top of google searches is very broad term. What are you trying to rank for? every page is entry door to your site...so every page can and should have different setup. There is way more than anyone knows what makes google to bring your site out. I rank #1 in local maps, and most of it is on page 2...first page is full of superpages, yellowpages, yelp and so on...
Being #1 makes me phone ring once a week maybe. So focusing on this, seems to be waste of time. Yelp, etc. will be hard to outrank.
You need more than website to bring in business.

GSKR
06-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Your site is available for google search...you just need to learn how to optimize it. Also being on the top of google searches is very broad term. What are you trying to rank for? every page is entry door to your site...so every page can and should have different setup. There is way more than anyone knows what makes google to bring your site out. I rank #1 in local maps, and most of it is on page 2...first page is full of superpages, yellowpages, yelp and so on...
Being #1 makes me phone ring once a week maybe. So focusing on this, seems to be waste of time. Yelp, etc. will be hard to outrank.
You need more than website to bring in business.ah someone who agrees ,websites are a waste of time.your work should be word of mouth and constantly revolving.no web no Facebook no social media.This is a easy business to launch.

SKorch630
06-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Time to learn some SEO.

Also, was crystalcleardetailing.com taken? Facebook ads are a great investment, SEO, business cards, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, all help. Look up some Gary Veynerchuk videos on how to brand yourself. This will be key.

Calendyr
06-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Search Engine Optimization is a very complex subject that far exceeds what I can tell you in this post. Do some searches for SEO on Youtube and Google, you will need to work at it to rank well in Google search. In the meantime, you can pay for ads on both Google and Facebook. SEO takes a lot of time to work, I am talking months, so if you want people to find you quickly, Google Adwords and Facebook ads are gonna be your shortcut.

antti@561detailing
06-10-2016, 11:02 PM
ah someone who agrees ,websites are a waste of time.your work should be word of mouth and constantly revolving.no web no Facebook no social media.This is a easy business to launch.

Website is not waste of time, neither is Facebook presence, people will look up both and if you don't have them, you can lose some business.
What I am saying is, hoping for massive traffic from web is not smart.
Facebook is not for selling, people just hang out there...but if used wisely, can help you.

Word of mouth is slow. Marketing is needed to get business going. But SEO is not marketing.

Fast Eddie
06-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Website is not waste of time, neither is Facebook presence, people will look up both and if you don't have them, you can lose some business.
What I am saying is, hoping for massive traffic from web is not smart.
Facebook is not for selling, people just hang out there...but if used wisely, can help you.

Word of mouth is slow. Marketing is needed to get business going. But SEO is not marketing.
Totally agree, if you don't have a website or social media site, your not marketing smart and are loosing customers. My website was cheap, it's plain and has been the best investment I have made for my business, hands down. It works without relying on word of mouth, and as my customers always tell me, my web presence helped them make the choice to choose me some other person. It's 2016, smart phones and the internet are how people find you. That is a fact.

SKorch630
06-10-2016, 11:24 PM
You're a fool if you believe that social media is not needed to expand a business. Organic marketing is possible, and still very good, but there's no denying that social media, on top of adwords and SEO, will significantly increase traffic. I had 14,000 page views last week. I live in an Amish community, so there's no telling me that paid advertisement via facebook and other social media outlets is not promoting me.

asap2stacks
06-11-2016, 04:26 AM
Yea Facebook is deff not a waste of time I have made $1,000s of dollars due to Facebook advertising. FB is what actually convinced me to build my website lol idk what you guys are talking about but the internet is 50% of your business and doing the work and showing it is the other 50%