PDA

View Full Version : 3M 36060 Rubbing Compound

asap2stacks
06-10-2016, 04:45 AM

How's this stuff

mwoywod
06-16-2016, 10:53 PM
i've spent a ton of time with that compound and although it has a short work time (not nearly as short as m105) it has more cut than any other product i own.It doesn't leave the finish quite as nice as m100 or m105 but I feel it's still easy to get out any hazing or swirls with m205. You are planning on usinng it on a rotary correct? I've never tried it on da

asap2stacks
06-17-2016, 05:16 AM
i might try it on a practice hood with my da, i wanna do some experimenting one half with a rotary and the other half with a da.

mwoywod
07-06-2016, 10:37 AM
i might try it on a practice hood with my da, i wanna do some experimenting one half with a rotary and the other half with a da.

Please repot back how it works. I love the compound but it dusts quite a bit with a rotary so it may not be as much of an issue on DA. Good luck!

mbkite
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Old technology much better out their that will baby your clear coat. I have a full bottle and usto use it till I found autogeak.. Just my 2€.

mwoywod
07-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Old technology much better out their that will baby your clear coat. I have a full bottle and usto use it till I found autogeak.. Just my 2€.

Autogeek sells it.

mwoywod
07-06-2016, 02:31 PM

also, I'm not certain but I think it came out in 2013

mbkite
07-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Totally your choice

asap2stacks
07-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Please repot back how it works. I love the compound but it dusts quite a bit with a rotary so it may not be as much of an issue on DA. Good luck!

Was really dusty with a da as well ended up using a Meg Mt300 works really well I like it but 105 is still cleaner cut

mwoywod
07-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Was really dusty with a da as well ended up using a Meg Mt300 works really well I like it but 105 is still cleaner cut

yep, m105 definitely finishes better and m100 makes both compounds seem obsolete lol BUT it has stayed in my compounding/polishing bag as the compound I use before sanding for those deeper scratches. Thanks for the feedback. And like the other fella said, Autogeek does offer better choices. Just keep in mind you may need it at some point and just keep in mind it has a buffing cycle even shorter than m105. I would recommend 2 passes and wipe. It cuts deceptively fast for a compound that doesn't have the whole "rocks in a bottle" consistency. I use HD CUT for all my light scratches, M100 for medium and heavy scratches that HD CUT unfortunately just won't touch, and finally the 3m EX Rubbing Compound for heavily oxidized headlights, chrome, metals, and the worst of the worst scratches. Thanks again for the feedback. Pick up a quart of m100 sometime and you'll never reach for m105 again.lol (Everything I said was based solely off my experiences btw)

asap2stacks
07-07-2016, 01:01 AM
I really like how 3m rubbing compound works on marine, I tested it on my boats oxidation and it works really well. Also I use it if I have to go have on the grit and it removes the deep scratches pretty good and fast like you said but as far as a all around compound like HD cut it can't be compared.

mwoywod
07-07-2016, 02:01 AM
I really like how 3m rubbing compound works on marine, I tested it on my boats oxidation and it works really well. Also I use it if I have to go have on the grit and it removes the deep scratches pretty good and fast like you said but as far as a all around compound like HD cut it can't be compared.

I lovee HD CUT but I just can't get it to cut like I need it to which is why I mostly use m100. I haven't tried HD CUT+ yet, does anyone know if it really does offer more cut?

precisionmobile85
07-07-2016, 07:03 AM
3m perfect it compound with a rotary and wool pad is a hairy dust storm! But it def restored a nice gloss and had decent cutting ability. Try it out and if it works for you then that's that

precisionmobile85
07-07-2016, 07:04 AM
Also If you do like the compound I would get the perfect it polish (2) to finish with. Supposedly they are made to work together with good results