PDA

View Full Version : When to use HD Express

psychout777
06-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I received some HD Express the other day. I didn't go over a whole vehicle with it but I played around on a couple panels. From what I experienced, I basically need to apply this product like a standard liquid wax, unlike what I am use to experience from typical spray waxes. So that said, I can basically apply Poxy just as fast as Express. So, what am I supposed to use Express for? Is it supposed to enhance the look of Poxy? If so, how? Thanks

04accord
06-09-2016, 09:40 PM
express can be sprayed onto the panel directly, spread with a microfiber, and then buffed off imediately. definitely quicker than applying a traditional wax/sealant imo.

custmsprty
06-09-2016, 09:45 PM
I received some HD Express the other day. I didn't go over a whole vehicle with it but I played around on a couple panels. From what I experienced, I basically need to apply this product like a standard liquid wax, unlike what I am use to experience from typical spray waxes. So that said, I can basically apply Poxy just as fast as Express. So, what am I supposed to use Express for? Is it supposed to enhance the look of Poxy? If so, how? Thanks

Great question and you pretty much answered it for yourself. You can apply Poxy with a machine faster than Express with a microfiber applicator.. I own both and pretty much have no use for Express based upon the time it takes to apply it evenly.

The Guz
06-09-2016, 10:27 PM
You can apply Poxy quicker but it has a wait time to be removed off the paint. Like 30 mins. HD Express doesn't need that wait time.

House of Wax
06-09-2016, 11:24 PM
I love 3d/HD's products, but I don't really have much use for express for the same reasons you pointed out

psychout777
06-09-2016, 11:26 PM
You can apply Poxy quicker but it has a wait time to be removed off the paint. Like 30 mins. HD Express doesn't need that wait time.

Even if that is factored in, I think total time would be close to a wash. Or, at the most Poxy would take a couple more minutes with the "wait" time included. From my small sample size, I also think Poxy is easier to remove than Express - therefore making Poxy more enjoyable to work with. I am debating trying to apply Express with my DA, just to see what happens. Maybe the best of both worlds, speedy on and off?

The Guz
06-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Express doesn't take that long to haze and be removed. I have it as well and I found it easy to use. Less than 30 mins to do a my mid size sedan. I still give the edge to express on application and removal time.

shagnat
06-10-2016, 01:51 AM

Just enough time to drink a beer!! LOL