PDA

View Full Version : Two Menzerna Questions

mnguyen
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
According to the menzerna chart, Micro Polish has a gloss of 5 which is the same as 106FF and 85RD? APO 60 is an AIO that hazes then needs to be buff right?

supercharged
10-18-2007, 02:47 AM
I'll cut and paste it:
Application by hand:

Mist the Wolfgang German Polish N Wax Applicator with XMT Pad Conditioner to moisten the foam. Apply a nickel size amount of Menzerna Sealing Wax to the applicator.
Wipe the wax in a thin coat over one section at a time. Allow a haze to form.
Buff with a Cobra Microfiber Towel until you’ve achieved a smooth, glossy finish.Application by Machine:

Make sure the surface to be waxed is clean and dry. Apply Sealing Wax APO 60 out of direct sunlight.
Use a soft foam finishing pad, like Lake Country’s CCS Green Pad or the White Ultrafine Polishing Pad by The Edge. Apply a 6 inch line of wax to the vehicle. With the polisher turned off, spread the wax over about a 2 x 2 sq. ft. area.
Polish at 1200-1800 RPM (3000-4000 OPM on a dual action polisher) working slowly across and then up and down the area.
Buff each section with a Cobra Microfiber Towel. You may also slip a microfiber bonnet over a lambswool pad to gently buff the paint.

ScottB
10-18-2007, 08:34 AM
did I miss the two questions, you basically stated facts for both. Yes, APO needs some buffing and works like an AIO wax.

mnguyen
10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I got confused with APO 60 by machine, it said "Buff each section with a Cobra Microfiber Towel"

With Micro Polish I remember it being a gloss of 4 when I bought my 106FF, and I am thinking of getting 85RD for when I dont need the cut. I dont have CC so Micro will be compared to 85RD right?

Thanks