PDA

View Full Version : Season finale, episode 8

Jaretr1
06-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Probably stealing a little of Mikes thunder, but its on this Friday! Having been a part of this episode, I can say a few things before it airs. First off, all 6 cars were amazing! Some were more detailed and customized than others. A few were simply rolling pieces of artwork, while a couple were true high performance bad ass machines (like the Trans Am I worked on). These cars were the works of Ridler Award winners, SEMA battle of the builder winners, etc. The best of the best.

There were 5-6 guys per car, and this quite possibly might have been the greatest assembly of some of the country's best detailers all working on cars in the same place at the same time (not including myself). It was work, working on the show, but it was fun, cool, and Im sure many of us left the experience with a few new friendships and great memories

Hopefully Mike will add some screen shots from the show.

Jaret

57BORNTORUN
06-08-2016, 07:31 PM
One of the producers (Ashley Yoder) sent us this teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWnheglDgU&feature=youtu.be

PGBCruiser
06-17-2016, 01:21 PM
So, I was out of town - without the Velocity channel - and missed the finale. Any word on re-runs before the much anticipated Season 2?

Mike Phillips
06-17-2016, 01:31 PM
So, I was out of town - without the Velocity channel - and missed the finale. Any word on re-runs before the much anticipated Season 2?

There will be a 2-week break and then the series will run again in order in the same time slot.

Of course I'll post an announcement before episodes run and I'll also be posting MORE screen captures of each person that was on the show.

I'm also going to do a head count and create a list to show just how many people we invited from the detailing world to be on TV.

I mentioned this in another thread but I've never seen this done before. I wish more of the guys that were on our show were also "forum guys" instead of just facebook guys or nothing at all.

I'll tell you one thing, if we do a second season my input is going to be that we invite positive and regular contributing members of this forum. There's so little bang for the buck with non-forum people. Mostly because Facebook is what I call

Fleeting

Whatever is posted is around for a few minutes and then gone. With a forum it's around for ever and Google finds it in searches. The format and visual layout is also SO MUCH better.

:)

Rsurfer
06-17-2016, 01:45 PM
I mentioned this in another thread but I've never seen this done before. I wish more of the guys that were on our show were also "forum guys" instead of just facebook guys or nothing at all.

I'll tell you one thing, if we do a second season my input is going to be that we invite positive and regular contributing members of this forum. There's so little bang for the buck with non-forum people. Mostly because Facebook is what I call

Fleeting

Whatever is posted is around for a few minutes and then gone. With a forum it's around for ever and Google finds it in searches. The format and visual layout is also SO MUCH better.

Your so correct Mike.

Don't pick Ronkh, he's too old and might have a heart attack while shooting.

:awesome:

Mike Phillips
06-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Your so correct Mike.

Don't pick Ronkh, he's too old and might have a heart attack while shooting.

:awesome:

Well he fits the forum criteria for sure.

Pats300zx
06-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Great episode. I loved that it was filmed at Detail Fest and was a the perfect conclusion to the season. I even saw "my arm" in the filming of the Battle of the Builders award ceremony.

57BORNTORUN
06-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Great episode. I loved that it was filmed at Detail Fest and was a the perfect conclusion to the season. I even saw "my arm" in the filming of the Battle of the Builders award ceremony.

Perhaps with retirement nearing for you Pat you cold become an "arm model". Similar yet different from the Seinfeld episode where George becomes a "hand model". Just a thought as it would seem to be less dangerous from your current employment.

motion732
06-20-2016, 10:01 AM
I'll tell you one thing, if we do a second season my input is going to be that we invite positive and regular contributing members of this forum.

Can I also suggest less of the time crunch theme from AJ and more about technique?

whavens
06-20-2016, 10:29 AM
As a member of that particular episode, I can verify that shooting it was a lot of work and also very cool. I also made several new friends, and regularly stay in touch with several of them. I will definitely be open to do more episodes if indeed there is a season two. Thanks again Mike, I appreciate the opportunities you provide former students.

Walter

:buffing:

Pats300zx
06-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Perhaps with retirement nearing for you Pat you cold become an "arm model". Similar yet different from the Seinfeld episode where George becomes a "hand model". Just a thought as it would seem to be less dangerous from your current employment.

Good call Tim. I am going to get started on my resume today !!!

57BORNTORUN
06-20-2016, 09:53 PM
Good call Tim. I am going to get started on my resume today !!!

You do that.Pass it by my desk here at AUTOGEEK for review.

Mike Phillips
06-21-2016, 08:24 AM
As a member of that particular episode, I can verify that shooting it was a lot of work and also very cool.

It's a lot more work than most people know...

A lot of hurry up and wait and then go full bore!

I will definitely be open to do more episodes if indeed there is a season two.

What's nice about having alumni students on the show I their already completely trained and up to speed as to how "we" go about detailing a car and in the first season we prepped a total of 16 cars worth MILLIONS of dollars and not a single mistake.

That's a record to be proud of for everyone involved.

Thanks again Mike, I appreciate the opportunities you provide former students.

Walter

I'm glad to say my history shows I share the blessings.

:xyxthumbs: