PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 dried out

jwgreen6
06-08-2016, 07:20 AM
I bought a bottle of Collinite 845, opened the bottle, then put it away. A few months later, I was going to use the wax on my car, only to find the cap didn't seal the bottle very well. Now it's a virtually solid $18 bottle of wax I can't use.

Can it be revived?

BTW -- I have purchased another bottle of 845 and I promise to take better care of this fine wax.

natewood70
06-08-2016, 07:50 AM
When you say solid is it hard as a rock or just very thick?

Collinite will thicken up greatly in the bottle when stored, and will need some help getting back to a manageable liquid state. Here are some things to try:

- Set the bottle in direct sunlight for 10-20 minutes depending on the strength of the sun
- Submerse the bottle in hot water for 10-20 minutes to help liquify the product again

After either of those procedures, shake the bottle vigorously to blend everything back together.

Nick wrote a fantastic article on 845 here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

I use my 845 every few months and have to go through one of those procedures to get the product back in a usable form. Typically I go the sun route since I'm outside washing the car anyway and it doesn't require me to fill up a bucket or container with hot water.

Hope this helps!

Dan K
06-08-2016, 08:09 AM
When you say solid is it hard as a rock or just very thick?

Collinite will thicken up greatly in the bottle when stored, and will need some help getting back to a manageable liquid state. Here are some things to try:

- Set the bottle in direct sunlight for 10-20 minutes depending on the strength of the sun
- Submerse the bottle in hot water for 10-20 minutes to help liquify the product again

After either of those procedures, shake the bottle vigorously to blend everything back together.

Nick wrote a fantastic article on 845 here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

I use my 845 every few months and have to go through one of those procedures to get the product back in a usable form. Typically I go the sun route since I'm outside washing the car anyway and it doesn't require me to fill up a bucket or container with hot water.

Hope this helps!

This. The cap on the 845 bottle is notorious for not tightening well. With that said, I have never had the contents dry out to where the wax could not be revived as stated above. With some heat and shaking you should be good.