PDA

View Full Version : PC Scrub Brush attachments

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I just finished using this brush to clean all the mats in both my 98 Accord and 05 Odyssey.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1900_20956991

I bought the white one from autogeek. It's a medium stiffness for more ground in stains.

98 Accord - Unforunately, the carpet and mats in this car have never been cleaned...that's 8+ years of abuse. Yes I am ashamed of that. :( I have seen the light now though. :)

There was significant staining on the rear mats from the kids. The driver's mat was also very soiled. The front passenger's mat wasn't that bad. I used a diluted 10:1 solution of Simple Green (it's what was handy.) The results were very impressive. The mats look almost new. The only thing that hints that they're old mats is that they're not as fluffy and some worn threading on borders due to usage. The front passenger mat looks new (it wasn't that bad to begin with.)

05 Odyseey - Obviously the results weren't as impressive because the van was pretty new and clean. I used a light carpet foam for this. I probably didn't need the scrubbing power of the brush on the PC but it saved a lot of elbow grease...the amount of carpet in a minivan (with the rear seats removed) seems endless. I used the PC scrub brush in conjunction with the Meguiar's interior brush (a great tool and it only cost $3).

Overall, the PC brush is a great tool. I haven't actually used it on the interior of the Accord yet. That will be the real test of its convenience. For the mats, I setup an old door on some sawhorses in my garage as a workbench. The minivan without the rear seats was basically one massive flat surface to use. I'm sure I won't be able to use the PC in all spots in the Accord...I'll use the "manual" Meguiar's brush for that.

Pros:
Saves a ton of elbow grease and time.
White brush's bristles are very durable and did not bend at all during or after scrubbing.
Very good at scrubbing out an embedded stain.Cons:
A little expensive at $15 for a single brush for the non-paid detailer...but if your spare time is valuable and/or sparse, it's a great time-saving tool.
You have to hold the PC and brush against the carpet with a light touch...the PC bogged down easily if you apply any kind of pressure...even with the PC on 6.I didn't buy the other brushes but if you have a very delicate carpet, I would probaby use a manual hand held brush. Most light stains in the minivan came out easy with the Resolve foam cleaner and a few seconds of agitation with the Meguiar's brush.

abrcrombe
06-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Great review! Did the brush get discolored or did it stay white?

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Great review! Did the brush get discolored or did it stay white?

Well, the white bristles weren't a bright white to begin with. They also look like short, stiff, lengths of fishing wire. I think because of this, they cleaned up pretty nicely...to a degree. There is a dark line all the way around the circumference of the brush. It's almost if I drew a black line with a pen around the brush. It doesn't see to want to come out.

After I was done using the brush, I took it off of the PC, sprayed some Simple Green on it. I let it sit while I cleaned up my work area. Then I rinsed the brush in a sink. All the dirt came off except for the aforementioned black ring.

abrcrombe
06-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Weird... but sounds good.

jforget1
06-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I just bought the aqua head and it should be in with the PC 7424 this week. I was thinking of some spray oxi-clean.

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, I have to correct myself. I went to take a pic to show you but decided to try cleaning it once last time. I sprayed the Simple Green on again but also let it soak in the bathroom sink with hot water as well. The black ring came right off. Whatever it was, I guess it just need some heat to break it down...:confused:

The brush is white again.

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I just bought the aqua head and it should be in with the PC 7424 this week. I was thinking of some spray oxi-clean.
I was thinking Oxiclean might be a good cleaner to. I have a bucket of it. I was going to use that if the Simple Green didn't work. I also have some Bissel carpet cleaner that I got when I bought the Bissel carpet cleaner for my house. The Simple Green worked so I didn't use the others.

I am thinking that a foaming solution like a "detergent" would work better by lifting the stain and dirt out of carpet...not sure if I would use it on the floor liner though...I think you would need a really good wet vac.
http://www.bissell.com/images/Products/7920-L.gif

I'll be using this Bissel as an extractor when I do the floor liner.

joe.p
06-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Nice write and review, I was told the green brisstle brush was the way to go..

emaxxman
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Nice write and review, I was told the green brisstle brush was the way to go..

I was going to buy the green instead of the white...given the cost of each, I decided to get a brush that I could also use to scrub my shower tile too. ;)