PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Detailed Car - Waterless Wash?

psychout777
06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
I am looking for some advice. A little over a week ago I treated my car to do a day of full detailing inside and out, including polishing, waxing, tending to trim, engine bay, polishing exhaust - you name it I did it. Since that time, the car has not moved from my garage. Several days from now I will be attending a local car show with this vehicle - approximately 2 weeks will have passed from the initial detail. Though the car has been stationary in my garage, dust and airborne particulates (pollen, cotton wood, etc.) have started to find a home on top of the vehicle. What would be the best way for me to clean the car the evening before the show? Would a waterless wash be safe to use to remove these types of contaminants and/or would using a waterless wash be doing a freshly polished car a disservice? Note* I have purchased some waterless wash from Autogeek but I have yet to try it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Ian

GSKR
06-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I would rinse it off and spraywax it.simply the best safe way of preserving your work without the risk of marring,which can be easily done.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
06-07-2016, 01:35 PM
I would rinse it off and spraywax it.simply the best safe way of preserving your work without the risk of marring,which can be easily done.

This x10000000000 if you have access to a hose, and its not any extra work, it is well worth it.

JoeyGT
06-07-2016, 01:44 PM
This is actually very similar to my thread! http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/102100-do-i-need-wash-car-again-before-adding-lsp.html

I am in the same boat as OP.

Do you guys think a thorough rinse would be enough for OP's case, and in my case, adding sealant?

Hllywd
06-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Don't know if it's a classic car or not, but I would spare the water & go with waterless wash followed by a spray wax.

psychout777
06-07-2016, 03:33 PM
This x10000000000 if you have access to a hose, and its not any extra work, it is well worth it.

Joe and GSKR, i do have access to a hose, etc. That said, if am going to break out the hose and rinse the car off, at that point mine I well just break the soap and water buckets, etc and just full wash?

psychout777
06-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Don't know if it's a classic car or not, but I would spare the water & go with waterless wash followed by a spray wax.

Not a classic per say. This is the car for reference;

JoeyGT
06-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Not a classic per say. This is the car for reference;

My car is a 2015 Mustang GT.... LOL!

psychout777
06-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Ha, go figure

TTQ B4U
06-07-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm not a waterless wash fan even on just dust.

IMO just mix up a gallon of Rinseless Wash solution in a bucket, rinse the car off with water if you like the idea of a hose and then simply invest in using 4-5 MF Towels to perform a Gary Dean style method of washing. I use a 1 Gal. sprayer and soak the car and then perform my wash.

I just did both my car and my wife's van including the wheels and did both in 2hrs. Then I spent 30 minutes wiping them down with Crystal Seal.