PDA

View Full Version : VERY Unhappy with Rupes Customer Service. Has anyone experienced this before?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mike Phillips
06-08-2016, 07:52 AM
4900 RPM I believe.

That looks correct according the graph on the top of the Mark II BigFoot 15 and 21 in my office.

:)

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Correct.

Thanks Todd, I may be wrong about Cyclo, but I presume at some point they were manufacturing the whole unit in house (probably not in recent times), and was still doing some part manufacturing (as opposed to just assembly) at the time of the acquisition. I know this is still technically "secret" but can you share whether the expansion that Dylan was referring to is simply assembly of more models, or will it eventually lead to part manufacturing as well?

I really want to commend Rupes for the assembly move, although I'm guessing that the costs aren't much different here and that it frees up some manpower in the Italian plant which Dylan has noted is pretty backed up making Nanos.

I think just the fact that some of the models are being assembled here makes Rupes (and Cyclo) the only polishers sold by PBMG that are assembled in the US, which is kind of a watershed event. Maybe that's a little unfair to the Cyclo product, but I think it's a pretty big deal that one of the most popular high-end products has switched to domestic assembly.

Todd@RUPES
06-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks Todd, I may be wrong about Cyclo, but I presume at some point they were manufacturing the whole unit in house (probably not in recent times), and was still doing some part manufacturing (as opposed to just assembly) at the time of the acquisition. I know this is still technically "secret" but can you share whether the expansion that Dylan was referring to is simply assembly of more models, or will it eventually lead to part manufacturing as well?

I really want to commend Rupes for the assembly move, although I'm guessing that the costs aren't much different here and that it frees up some manpower in the Italian plant which Dylan has noted is pretty backed up making Nanos.

I think just the fact that some of the models are being assembled here makes Rupes (and Cyclo) the only polishers sold by PBMG that are assembled in the US, which is kind of a watershed event. Maybe that's a little unfair to the Cyclo product, but I think it's a pretty big deal that one of the most popular high-end products has switched to domestic assembly.

Most of these questions fall outside my wheelhouse and are better left to Dylan, simply for the sake of correct information.

It is my understanding, baring correction from him, that Cyclo tools are still manufactured and assembled at our factory in Longmont, CO. It is also my understanding that assembly of a select number of RUPES tools, starting with BigFoot, is currently underway with plans to grow the number assembled here. As far as selective manufacturing of tools and/or parts, I know of several proposals but would defer to Dylan, respectively. People smarter and more informed than I make those decisions. :)

Dylan@RUPES
06-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Todd is correct. Without delving too deep into the details that aren't for public consumption yet:

Cyclo has been and will continue to be a US made product. If anyone is ever in the Longmont Colorado area and would like to watch them being built its quite the process to behold, and while the design has changed slightly, and the guts have improved over the last 60+ years the hand assembled aspect remains to this day. Its quite the impressive thing to witness.

As far as the BigFoot - I can't comment at this time too much about the level of manufacturing happening here, only that it will continue to increase. There are some aspects of the manufacturing that simply have to remain Italian due to the complexity and cost to setup similar things here, but there is a substantial amount of both manufacturing and assembly occurring here in the US HQ and its only going to get more robust as we move forward. There are some HUGE announcements coming in the next 12-18 months for RUPES USA that will further solidify our commitment to the North American market and the bolster or position as the #1 polishing system. Stay tuned :)

Jaretr1
06-08-2016, 02:06 PM
I can say, if I were choosing a tool, and the choices are all so close, an American made product, even if its by an Italian company would be my first choice! Although I will always try to purchase products made in the USA, or other free societies like Germany, or Italy as opposed to China or other third world repressed nations.

So if in fact Rupes is planning on assembling Big Foot products in the USA, that will be awesome!

FUNX650
06-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Cyclo has been and will continue to be
a US made product.

...while the design has changed slightly,
and the guts have improved over the
last 60+ years...

^^^That's Fantastic!!^^^

And that is why I (almost)
hate when this happens:

Bob

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Cyclo has been and will continue to be a US made product. If anyone is ever in the Longmont Colorado area and would like to watch them being built its quite the process to behold, and while the design has changed slightly, and the guts have improved over the last 60+ years the hand assembled aspect remains to this day. Its quite the impressive thing to witness.

That's great, although I have express my disappointment that American manufacturing has been so denuded that building a tool here has become "quite {an} impressive thing to witness".

As far as the BigFoot - I can't comment at this time too much about the level of manufacturing happening here, only that it will continue to increase. There are some aspects of the manufacturing that simply have to remain Italian due to the complexity and cost to setup similar things here, but there is a substantial amount of both manufacturing and assembly occurring here in the US HQ and its only going to get more robust as we move forward. There are some HUGE announcements coming in the next 12-18 months for RUPES USA that will further solidify our commitment to the North American market and the bolster or position as the #1 polishing system. Stay tuned :)

That's really fantastic that Rupes is bringing that work here, and of course it's only logical that certain elements of it will remain in a single location. I was at your event in Norwood, and not only was I impressed with your (personal) energy and enthusiasm, the brushless DC motor capabilities demonstrated in the Nano are sure to have a profound effect on the rest of the product line in due time.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Not sure how much more Rupes could improve on the performance of the Mark II polishers????

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Not sure how much more Rupes could improve on the performance of the Mark II polishers????

I don't know if that was directed at me, but the brushless DC motor technology used in the Nano should theoretically be able to reduce the size and weight of the polishers and/or allow for battery operation.

swanicyouth
06-08-2016, 05:59 PM
^^^That's Fantastic!!^^^

And that is why I (almost)
hate when this happens:

Bob

Some people think that's just fine and well. Lolz.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2016, 12:10 AM
I don't know if that was directed at me, but the brushless DC motor technology used in the Nano should theoretically be able to reduce the size and weight of the polishers and/or allow for battery operation.
It wasn't. I should have quoted Dylan when he said in the next year or so there will be big news announced. Not sure if that was inferring the actual polishers, or something else. You bring up a good point, though.