PDA

View Full Version : Post-detailing procedure (dirty pads, dirty microfiber cloths, etc.)

JoeyGT
06-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, so I just finished correcting my cars' black paint, and now I am left with dirty polishing pads and microfiber clothes. I understand that many of you throw your dirty microfibers in the wash, but I simply do not have that many cloths to constitute a wash in the washer machine.

As for the pads, I have the Wolfgang Pad Werks Pad Care Combo, I do not have the pad cleaning tool. How can I go about cleaning the pads with these products? I'll admit that I should have read the back of the bottles before posting here, but I didn't. Im the MAN

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Setec Astronomy
06-06-2016, 11:15 AM
For the microfiber towels--the solution most of us use is to buy more towels so we have enough for a load.

As far as the pads, you can massage the cleaner in with your hands, and rinse them out in the sink, squeeze the water out with your hands (or spin on your polisher), and air dry (Velcro up). Wear gloves when working with the cleaner, and only spin the pads dry away from things your wife cares about.

JoeyGT
06-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks for this!

emmjay
06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
For the microfiber towels--the solution most of us use is to buy more towels so we have enough for a load.

As far as the pads, you can massage the cleaner in with your hands, and rinse them out in the sink, squeeze the water out with your hands (or spin on your polisher), and air dry (Velcro up). Wear gloves when working with the cleaner, and only spin the pads dry away from things your wife cares about.

Exactly this! I just let them air dry in my room velcro up.

I use the Polishing pad rejuvenator (DP) and use the same technique as above.

I use plenty of towels during a polishing process, I wash them nonetheless - be it small load or big load. I just prefer to get them clean and dry ASAP and out of the way :) I use 3D towel kleen for this.

Paul A.
06-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Spin your pads in an empty bucket to contain the excess water and stuff from flying everywhere.