PDA

View Full Version : Meguires D114 question

Tmcbigblue
06-06-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm thinking about picking up a gallon of this. I always use onr to wash my black car in the garage. I usually pretreat the panels with a quick detail mix of onr. This has been working well for me, but it does alter the look of the lsp some and the reason I'm interested in Megs d114 is the cleaning power is said to be very good. I usually use a quick wax after a wash so the main purpose of the wash will be cleaning with no protection from the rinse less wash. How has this wash performed for you guys that have used it? Is there a dilution ratio for a pre treat? Do you feel it is as safe as onr? Thanks!

kevincwelch
06-06-2016, 09:53 AM
D114 is as safe as ONR. You can use it at a dilution of 1:128. It will last forever at that ratio.

As good as it is, I personally recommend Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. It has imo more lubricity and the "glossifiers" are just amazing.

Sent via my mobile device...

TTQ B4U
06-06-2016, 09:57 AM
D114 is as safe as ONR. You can use it at a dilution of 1:128. It will last forever at that ratio.

As good as it is, I personally recommend Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. It has imo more lubricity and the "glossifiers" are just amazing.

^ this. I think where D114 is enjoyed is by many who want no additional additives. I however love Uber Rinseless.

FUNX650
06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking about picking
up a gallon of this.

I'm interested in Megs d114 is the
cleaning power is said to be very good.

so the main purpose of the wash will be
cleaning with no protection
from the rinse less wash.
Since you want good cleaning, but do not
want any "protection" to be left behind...
Go ahead and buy a gallon of D114:
It will exceed those expectations!!

Bob

silverfox
06-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Id go 1:128 for a presoak, and 1:256 for rinseless.

roguegeek
06-06-2016, 12:35 PM
As much as I like D114, I absolutely love Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html). Yes, it is less economical, but it is also a superior product in ever single way. Here was my quick summary and thoughts (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/96297-review-how-wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash-8.html#post1317306) of the product back when it was released.

Still, if you decide to go with D114, it will not disappoint.

pheerix
06-06-2016, 01:03 PM
I feel D114 is just as safe as ONR. Smells better too, like fruit punch. Almost tempted to drink it sometimes.

jcaustin87
06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Just buy the gallon of D114. I use it at 1:128 for both rinseless and as a waterless. I swear that you can literally see the dirt lift off the surface when you spray it on. Whats even more impressive is when you dip your dirty towels back in the bucket when you're done, your towels come out clean, and your water dirtier than a pig pen. Its incredible stuff!

Tmcbigblue
06-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the response! I'll have to try the d114 and the uber.

Mantilgh
06-06-2016, 09:23 PM
D114 is great rinse free cleaner. I believe it's ability to lie flat on the panel, and not bead up and roll off like ONR does, has something to do with it.

Uber is awsome though. Very enjoyable to use.

mwoywod
06-07-2016, 12:34 AM
I love d114 and use more than any other product. I agree that uber rinseless is a good product but it will alter lsp and to be honest I feel it is the worst smelling product I own which is unfortunate because its performance is truly superior to any other rinseless product other than 114 which is the full package. I reach for d114 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time when I want to use a product with protective qualities I reach for d115 before uber. d114 sounds like the best product for your needs. Just a heads up, if you hate the smell of cherry cough syrup you will hate the smell of uber. That is its only flaw, but unfortunately its a deal breaker for me.

AutowerxDetailing
06-07-2016, 01:18 AM
D114 is great rinse free cleaner. I believe it's ability to lie flat on the panel, and not bead up and roll off like ONR does, has something to do with it.

This is why I like the Meguiar's Rinse Free Express Wash better than Optimum No Rinse. The ability of the product to hang onto a surface that has been sealed or coated, without just beading up and running off like ONR, is fantastic. Express Wash provides excellent cleaning power and is great as a clay lube. Any residue that might dry on the surface is easily wiped away with a damp microfiber. It's a great product.

ducksfan
06-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Dilute it down. My only complaint with the product is it leaves too much residue (It's supposed to be rinse less!?).

I wouldn't use any stronger than 1:256 for general washing.