PDA

View Full Version : Ah Damit....

Swift
06-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Spend nearly three hours on a 'hot' afternoon cleaning and waxing the car. :buffing: Less the 24 hours later, car went through 2 places where there was water logging (RIP clean tires) and on the way back there was a dust storm. Only best part was cruising (in a shiny car) through Lutyens Zone. Im the MAN

Anyone else want to share any similar story?

JeffM
06-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Yup, whenever I wash my car it will rain in a day or 2 like clockwork. Not to mention the incredible amount of pollen this year.

PA DETAILER
06-06-2016, 07:42 AM
:iagree:

FUNX650
06-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Our vehicles do get dusty, and water-splashed:
because we drive them---even, sometimes,
through regions of our Country that we consider
"elite areas"---but without ever considering the
good ol' USA to be a plutocracy.

Bob

custmsprty
06-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I detailed my GC this weekend now we have a tropical storm heading toward us today. :wow:

SirTanon
06-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Living in Phoenix, dust is pretty much a way of life. I wash my car almost every weekend and usually finish with a wax-as-you-dry and/or spray wax, but almost without fail, the car has a fine layer of dust on it after a couple days.

.. and then there's those days when I wash/wax the car, and then it rains 3 hours later. Living in Phoenix, I do have mixed feelings about this.. I mean it messed up my shine, but at least we did get some rain.

ronkh57
06-06-2016, 06:57 PM
I detailed my GC this weekend now we have a tropical storm heading toward us today. :wow:

ya beat me to it

StealthXJ
06-06-2016, 08:55 PM
I detailed a truck not too long ago and it decided to hail like I have never seen before! Thankfully, it was at my shop so it was already inside. Now, the good part!

The winds were so high that debris was everywhere on the road, even after the rain and hail had stopped and dried up some. I will NOT do this again, but... I drove it back to the guy, and when I got out... "Sh*t!!" Mud and debris was everywhere, and all I had was a terry cloth rag to use! I manage to get it looking good again, but I was livid!!!!

PaulMys
06-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Hope that storm isn't too bad, custm. :/

heathmc
06-06-2016, 09:48 PM
I feel you. Just waxed my truck with a paste wax and had her looking nice yesterday. Last night the wind picked up and dusted it pretty bad. If that wasn't bad enough sprinkled just a bit and polka dotted it. Oh well gives me a reason to wash it again!