PDA

View Full Version : My first official detail! (Black 2015 Mustang GT)

JoeyGT
06-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I just finished my very first official paint correction/detail on a black 2015 Mustang GT. This car is handwashed regularly and garaged, so the paint is in very good shape. Overall, I would say that 90% of the swirls are gone.

My test spot of choice was the trunk decklid. I started out with a white LC pad along with some HD Speed, and that seemed to do the trick. I did about 3 to 4 passes with the polisher on speed setting 5. Since this was my first ever official detail, I wasn't looking for perfection, but damn, I am definitely satisfied with the results. The shine is amazing.

*** Rain came out of nowhere so I was unable to add sealant, but I will add some HD Poxy to the car after the next wash. ***

Also, a big shoutout to the members of the AG forum and all of the awesome guides that this website has to offer. AutoGeek rocks!

Steps/Process:

1. Hand wash (2 bucket method with gritguards)
2. Clay (Griots Garage clay with Meguiar's QD)
3. Rinse
4. Dry
5. Polish (HD Speed, White LC pad, GG6)
6. Sealant (HD Poxy)

I wish I would have taken more pictures throughout the process, but these will have to do for now. Tell me what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3lx6beMvU

tsquare
06-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Looks amazing - black glass!

emmjay
06-06-2016, 02:34 AM
looks amazing, well done mate!

Mike Phillips
06-06-2016, 07:56 AM
I just finished my very first official paint correction/detail on a black 2015 Mustang GT.

Steps/Process:

1. Hand wash (2 bucket method with gritguards)
2. Clay (Griots Garage clay with Meguiar's QD)
3. Rinse
4. Dry
5. Polish (HD Speed, White LC pad, GG6)
6. Sealant (HD Poxy)

Tell me what you think!

Excellent example of a simple and effective process and incredible looking results. Especially for your first time and a BLACK car!

Good job! :xyxthumbs:

Be sure to share this link with the owner...

"Black is not a color, it's a full time job" (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/57621-black-not-color-s-full-time-job.html)

Also, a big shoutout to the members of the AG forum and all of the awesome guides that this website has to offer.

AutoGeek rocks!

I agree. Our forum members are the best in the car detailing forum and facebook world.

:dblthumb2:

coles_paint_correction
06-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Great job joe, you can see the clarity of the paint way more.

JoeyGT
06-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Thank you all for the great feedback!

Do any of you have recommendations on products to use post-wash, to continue to add protection? I believe HD Poxy lasts about 3 to 4 months, but since the car is garaged, it should be much longer.

Or, do you think it is better not to touch the paint since that may induce swirl marks?

I was leaning towards Megs D156.