PDA

View Full Version : clear bra

Pages : [1] 2

asalesagent912
06-05-2016, 06:28 PM
So i have a new lexus RX 350.
My last 2 cars have had very bad road rash on the bumpers to to expressway driving and being behind dump trucks.
So with this new car i want to install clear bra on the bumper only. i don't have any experience with clear bra.
i have tinted windows in the past. To me it looks like a similar installation but not sure.
So my question is if i decide to do it can some one give any idea on the install and most important what brand to use.
And where to get it and if they come pre cut pieces. Thanks any input would be appreciated

refreshauto
06-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Installing clear bra film is not the same as tint. It needs to be stretched and fit into the right places. You can buy it direct from Xpel in a precut kit. Being that it is a Lexus I would take it to some one. Lexus cars are the hardest of cars to do.

asalesagent912
06-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Do you think xpel is better than 3m?

TTQ B4U
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Look into Premium Shield's Elite Product too. I have the entire front of my S4 done along with a bit of other portions of it and love the fact that it's been the most clear, yet rather thick, product I've used. Crystal Clear over my headlights. Lifetime warranty too.

FUNX650
06-05-2016, 09:49 PM

Go with the XPel Ultimate Paint Protection Film...

:xyxthumbs:

Bob

EddieK
06-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Also can depend on the color of your car. The place I took mine to sold both Xpel Ultimate and Suntek, he recommended Suntek for darker colored cars. So I ended up with that and am very happy with the results.

refreshauto
06-06-2016, 07:56 AM

I think Xpel has better clarity than most films on the market. That is why I chose this to sell at my shop.

asalesagent912
06-06-2016, 08:08 PM
I checked out xpel and 3 m bumper kits.
3m kit is 120 and xpel is 549, i cant understand why there is such a big difference.
is there something i am missing here.

FUNX650
06-06-2016, 08:40 PM
That's strange:

XPel's web site lists your vehicle's
bumper kit for $329.

Bob

asalesagent912
06-06-2016, 09:09 PM
That's strange:

XPel's web site lists your vehicle's
bumper kit for $329.

Bob
sorry i didn't mention i have the f sport.
it is 549

refreshauto
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I checked out xpel and 3 m bumper kits.
3m kit is 120 and xpel is 549, i cant understand why there is such a big difference.
is there something i am missing here.

3m has different types of film. I think you are getting a price the lowest grade of film they offer. I am not an authorized 3m installer, so I don't have access to the pricing for the higher end film that competes with Xpel Ultimate.

FUNX650
06-06-2016, 10:07 PM
sorry i didn't mention i have the f sport.
it is 549
•My latest bumper PPF was over $600...

•And...The below facts makes it
well worth every penny:
-XPEL ULTIMATE comes with a 10-year warranty
against yellowing, discoloration, peeling, cracking
and hazing.
-If it fails, they'll replace it---labor included!!

Bob

asalesagent912
06-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Installing clear bra film is not the same as tint. It needs to be stretched and fit into the right places. You can buy it direct from Xpel in a precut kit. Being that it is a Lexus I would take it to some one. Lexus cars are the hardest of cars to do.
Yes you are correct it is not like installing window tint. I needed to find that out the hard way. lol
I gave it a try and it was a disaster. Just getting it from the paper to the car was ridiculous.
It started to stick to itself all over and i had another set of hands too. I need to find someone in the N.Y area to install it for me

TTQ B4U
06-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Yes you are correct it is not like installing window tint. I needed to find that out the hard way. lol
I gave it a try and it was a disaster. Just getting it from the paper to the car was ridiculous.
It started to stick to itself all over and i had another set of hands too. I need to find someone in the N.Y area to install it for me

Key is to really soak the vehicle and the material with solution. Lay it on top of itself as you remove it from the paper backing. Again, just coating it with spray. Once you do that it should move around and not stick so that you can lay it on the vehicle and arrange it as desired. Mine was done with all custom cuts whereby edges were rolled. Nose was in two pieces, one on top one on the bottom.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/Audi/DSC00491_zps5mj8kq3i.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/PDQS4/media/Audi/DSC00491_zps5mj8kq3i.jpg.html)

detailsbydennis
06-27-2016, 06:37 PM
We have been will installing all types of ppf since 2002. My personal favorite is suntek however 3M pro series has a new adhesive formula and release liner that came out a few weeks ago. We are in CT